final fantasy 10 fps problems again
the game graphics and scenes runs 59-60 fps which is normal but when I am saving(22-30fps), having battle(45-55fps), renaming tidus(30-35fps), and using the menu in the game FPS drops greatly 30-40 but when there is ordinary scene it becomes normal again.

I am using pcsx2 beta-r1888 which is running faster for me than ordinary pcsx. then I maximize EE engine cycle speed and VU stealing speed, then in the CPU i click the limit FPS to make it normal. but still Im having problems with that. please I need help and sorry for the grammar.

Sponsored links

Uncheck 'Allow 8-bit textures' in the Graphics config and you should get higher rates for menus.
[Image: yunacopy.jpg]
(10-22-2009, 06:39 AM)boogerthe2nd Wrote: Uncheck 'Allow 8-bit textures' in the Graphics config and you should get higher rates for menus.

thanks my menu is ok now the only problem now is the battle scene. all 3d and 2d graphics and menu are all FINE 59-61FPS but now the only problem is the battle scene which runs at 43-54FPS. thanks for your help after this battle scene problems I am now playing at 100%
What are your specs? Your hardware might be enough.
(10-22-2009, 07:31 AM)boogerthe2nd Wrote: What are your specs? Your hardware might be enough.

RAM:4gb ddr2
processor: 2.2mghz pentium dual core
directX: version 10 (but when I updated it, it changed to 9)
Graphics card:listed below
mobile intel® 4 series express chipset family
DAC type internal
approx total memory: 1759

and also sometimes other scenes and battles runs at 50-52FPS and will return back to 59-60FPS suddenly.
You're using integrated graphics, and your CPU is on the slow side. You could probably get a bit more performance by overclocking your CPU. Also tick Native resolution if you haven't already.

Otherwise, you'll probably have to upgrade.
Also you should NOT maximize VU cycle stealing for most of games. When on max, it can cause major problems and even speed reduction or stuttering
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(10-22-2009, 11:02 AM)boogerthe2nd Wrote: You're using integrated graphics, and your CPU is on the slow side. You could probably get a bit more performance by overclocking your CPU. Also tick Native resolution if you haven't already.

Otherwise, you'll probably have to upgrade.

what is overclock and how to do this? then is integrated that really bad?
Yes integrated is really bad.
Overclocking: http://lmgtfy.com/?q=what+is+overclocking
[Image: newsig.jpg]