final fantasy 12 fps drop
well you need to get a better cooling system to use PCSX2 or do anything really or you will buy a new Laptop pretty soon Sad

Sponsored links

(07-31-2012, 03:06 AM)abdo123 Wrote: well you need to get a better cooling system to use PCSX2 or do anything really or you will buy a new Laptop pretty soon Sad

might need to clean my fans/vents out if anything
not sure where id get a better cooling system tho
doubt id need a new laptop already since i only had it for a year

edit:
the heat is going down just slowly its at 50-60 now for both core #0 and #1
(wasnt even aware i had 2 cores)
Umm yeah what I said - overheating;], 95 degrees C is a bit too much and your cpu automatically decreases it's clocks to cool off for a bit before it can restore it's speed. Exactly then you get a slowdown as it get's too slow.

The only thing that will really help you is decreasing your laptop working temperature under heavy load(by getting external cooling for it) as there's not much more to do to decrease load from pcsx2 side. Your room temp, it's air exchange and all other physics obviously apply here as well. In other words if you get to a cooler room/place, you'll have better results.;]

Maybe turning off hyper threading in your laptop bios would also help, as that's an completely useless feature for programs like PCSX2 and it DOES add quite a bit of heat to your cpu;].
i meant that after running your CPU at such heat i wonder how did it last a year Tongue
(07-31-2012, 03:13 AM)abdo123 Wrote: i meant that after running your CPU at such heat i wonder how did it last a year Tongue

i dunno it runs fine with most things xD
only recently did it start heating up alot maybe due to dusty fan/vents and the summer heat mixed with a crappy a/c
well kinda make a schedule it to do those cleaning stuffs once a month ...

the important thing that you need to do something NOW !
(07-31-2012, 03:20 AM)abdo123 Wrote: well kinda make a schedule it to do those cleaning stuffs once a month ...

the important thing that you need to do something NOW !

ill see what i can do about the dust
seen plenty of vids on youtube where you take the battery out and use air cans on the vents and stuff

(07-31-2012, 03:12 AM)miseru99 Wrote: Umm yeah what I said - overheating;], 95 degrees C is a bit too much and your cpu automatically decreases it's clocks to cool off for a bit before it can restore it's speed. Exactly then you get a slowdown as it get's too slow.

The only thing that will really help you is decreasing your laptop working temperature under heavy load(by getting external cooling for it) as there's not much more to do to decrease load from pcsx2 side. Your room temp, it's air exchange and all other physics obviously apply here as well. In other words if you get to a cooler room/place, you'll have better results.;]

Maybe turning off hyper threading in your laptop bios would also help, as that's an completely useless feature for programs like PCSX2 and it DOES add quite a bit of heat to your cpu;].

not sure where hyper threading is @_@
but that mtvu option when on increases fps by 10~
Your laptop uses NVIDIA® Optimus™ technology, What this mean for you is you will have to Set Pcsx2 to use your Dedicated Gpu, someone else can explain how as i dont have Optimus myself
Msi GF-62VR
Intel  core i7 7700hq @2.8(3.5ghz turbo) Nvidia 6gig GTX1060 16 gigs DDr5   windows 10
*base 64 images don't work here - ref*
(07-31-2012, 04:34 AM)omnikam Wrote: Your laptop uses NVIDIA® Optimus™ technology, What this mean for you is you will have to Set Pcsx2 to use your Dedicated Gpu, someone else can explain how as i dont have Optimus myself

:o oh
if anyone can explain what omnikam said that would be awesome
1. Right click anywhere on desktop, pick NVIDIA Control Panel

2. On left, click Manage 3D settings

3. Click Program Settings tab

4. Press Add

5. Locate your PCSX2 executable

6. Save all settings and exit