for the 0.9.6 r1888 clingers
this is a homebrew designed for PS2, just like games are

Sponsored links

Right, but does it not vary a bit from game to game the exact manner in which the game's code is processed? I thought this was why you don't see complete compatibility with some games. One adjustment in the settings can completely fix an error in one game, while it completely butchers the emulation of another.

It's not like r1888 was faster with every game. It's just, some games were more compatible at the time, as opposed to a wider range of compatibility now. Small sacrifices were made here and there for the greater good. It's like games A & B ran at 90%, but games C, D, E, F & G only at 60%. When 0.9.7 came along, games A & B dropped to 80%, but C, D, E, F & G became 80%. Likewise, the rest of the alphabet saw a general improvement.

Do I have the right idea here? Cause I'm just wondering if maybe this elf compares more with "the rest of the alphabet"...
This more compares with a general rule than X or Y game.

1888 may be faster for game J, but a-i, k-z are slower (etc)
8% faster in r3878 for me but this is not usually the case in games. Problem with testing with demos is that they usually make use of only a few features on the PS2 and this won't make a direct relation to performance in games so it's not really accurate.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
Agreed with Shadow Lady, the advanced newb! ^^
(02-27-2011, 11:09 AM)Shadow Lady Wrote: this won't make a direct relation to performance in games so it's not really accurate.
I beg to differ. God Of War showed the same basic increase as did Smackdown vs raw, as did (DBZ)Budokai Tenkaichi 3, and a few others. when you look at the broader picture you do see some improvement over time.
well the real question is this
are you gonna go with the new build only or keep both just for the hell of it?
i choose both
"A celestial descends onto Earth to give advice.
Buuuut, for me they're all advice that can't be put to action."  -Tenshi Hinanawi

R5 5600x @ 3.8 GHz; 32GB 2666MHz; GA AX370-Gaming K5-CF; EVGA GTX 1070

I mainly use the new gui but I still keep r1504,1888 and 2186
(02-27-2011, 04:26 PM)Saiki Wrote: I beg to differ. God Of War showed the same basic increase as did Smackdown vs raw, as did (DBZ)Budokai Tenkaichi 3, and a few others. when you look at the broader picture you do see some improvement over time.

Didn't notice much (or any) difference in Tenkaichi 3 but that one is GS limited for me (probably why you can notice a difference with your 8600gt), Budokai 3 on the other hand is ~13% slower in the latest beta for me compared to r1888 with same settings... so ~8% faster in the demo, probably some enhancement for GS limited games due to the MTGS work between betas and ~13% slowdown in CPU limited games... not looking very good since most slow games are usually due to CPU Tongue2

That's just an estimation anyway but just seeing the numbers so far it looks like the demo test isn't directly reflected in games (it shouldn't really Tongue2) but speed doesn't really matter for me anyway, the higher stability and compatibility in the new beta and the new GUI is what I like.

Other than speed I see why some users would stay with the old GUI since it has some features not yet available in the new GUI tho.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64