fps and textures
When I start up Ratchet and Clank: Going Commando everything runs perfect and no hitches until after a cinematic and then I get really bad textures Depending on how i'm looking at stuff and my frames jump around all the time. i can give you my system info but I don't want to make this huge and for no good reason as I don't know how to make it like a spoiler tag or anything. Here is my CPU and GPU though:

Intel® Core™ i5-4670K CPU @ 3.40GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.4GHz

AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series

Sponsored links

You have to use software mode.

Go to config->Video-> Plugin settings. At the bottom, set extra rendering threads to 3.

Change renderer at the top to "Direct3d 11 (Software)" (or you can press F9 while the game is running)

This will limit you to native resolution, but it's the only way to make the textures work because the hardware mode plugin does not support mipmapping.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
You have to play the Ratchet games in software mode (F9 for quick switch), else they look wrong due to missing emulation (which is really hard to do for hardware mode!)

you will probably want to put 3 extra rendering threads in the gsdx config, else it'll be really slow.

Edit: Blyss beat me to it ;p
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Also use the recommended and MTVU speedhacs. If you still don't get full speed use the EE cycle rate hack. Don't use the VU cycle stealing hack though because it will cause major slowdowns.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
Yeah, EE cycle rate hack helps with Ratchet games, VU doesn't.

I use 3 extra threads and EE cycle hack at 3. But OP has a really fast CPU, so I bet he can get by without hacks.

Although MTVU should be good, I'd turn it on. It won't hurt.
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
Wow thanks a bunch guys and Deffinetly the quickest response I have ever gotten on a forum
We try Laugh
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(01-13-2014, 03:20 AM)refraction Wrote: We try Laugh

And by try he means we try to beat each other to see who can give the best answer first Tongue

As you can see, I won. Tongue
You didn't even mention VU cycle stealing causing major slowdowns for Ratchet and Clank.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
Because OP would have no need for speedhacks anyway. VU cycle stealing causes problems in most games.