fps drops when i unplug my laptop... help plz
hi pcsx team. i recently dowloaded the pcsx2 emulator (ver 1.1.0) and i have been playing kingdom hearts and tekken. they work perfectly with no issues at all. that is until i unplug my laptop from charge. fps drops from the normal 50fps to 30fps (i use pal bios so its 50hz). i checked my power options and they are the same, plugged in or not (set to high performance). im running windows 8.1, i have an intel i7 4710hq quad core processor, 16gb ram, nvidia gtx 860m graphics (latest drivers installed). hope u guys can help...

Sponsored links

Well, first of all 1.1.0 is old, please upgrade to 1.2.1

Second, that's normal. Not much you can do.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(10-07-2014, 11:12 PM)Bombtag Wrote: hi pcsx team. i recently dowloaded the pcsx2 emulator (ver 1.1.0) and i have been playing kingdom hearts and tekken. they work perfectly with no issues at all. that is until i unplug my laptop from charge. fps drops from the normal 50fps to 30fps (i use pal bios so its 50hz). i checked my power options and they are the same, plugged in or not (set to high performance). im running windows 8.1, i have an intel i7 4710hq quad core processor, 16gb ram, nvidia gtx 860m graphics (latest drivers installed). hope u guys can help...

That's entirely normal. Laptops are designed to conserve power (specially when they are running off the battery), and one of the ways they do this is by limiting the processing power you're allowed to access at any given time.
[Image: pNm13X9.gif]
Windows 10 Pro x64 Version 1909 | AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | GIGABYTE AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti | Crucial 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3600 RAM | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD | WD Red Plus 8TB

CPU Intensive Games
GPU Intensive Games
Games that don't need a strong CPU
another words dont unplug it
(10-07-2014, 11:12 PM)Bombtag Wrote: hi pcsx team. i recently dowloaded the pcsx2 emulator (ver 1.1.0) and i have been playing kingdom hearts and tekken. they work perfectly with no issues at all. that is until i unplug my laptop from charge. fps drops from the normal 50fps to 30fps (i use pal bios so its 50hz). i checked my power options and they are the same, plugged in or not (set to high performance). im running windows 8.1, i have an intel i7 4710hq quad core processor, 16gb ram, nvidia gtx 860m graphics (latest drivers installed). hope u guys can help...

You can actually set how low the processor is allowed to clock down to. It might be a good idea to use a custom plan for this so you aren't constantly using a ton of power when unplugged. Anyway it's under change plan settings -> change advanced power settings -> processor power management -> minimum processor state. Then just set the minimum(and maybe the max too) to what you need.

Oh yeah, make sure the plan you use is activated when unplugged. I just sold my laptop so I don't remember exactly how you do that.
(10-08-2014, 07:03 AM)dogen Wrote: You can actually set how low the processor is allowed to clock down to. It might be a good idea to use a custom plan for this so you aren't constantly using a ton of power when unplugged. Anyway it's under change plan settings -> change advanced power settings -> processor power management -> minimum processor state. Then just set the minimum(and maybe the max too) to what you need.

Oh yeah, make sure the plan you use is activated when unplugged. I just sold my laptop so I don't remember exactly how you do that.

Dude I didn't know you could do that. You're awesome! Rep+!
[Image: pNm13X9.gif]
Windows 10 Pro x64 Version 1909 | AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | GIGABYTE AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti | Crucial 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3600 RAM | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD | WD Red Plus 8TB

CPU Intensive Games
GPU Intensive Games
Games that don't need a strong CPU
Doesn't always work though.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
(10-08-2014, 02:44 PM)karasuhebi Wrote: Dude I didn't know you could do that. You're awesome! Rep+!

Yeah, it's quite useful. I leave my cool n quiet on because I have my OC voltage at the max safe level. So to offset that I leave CnQ on which means at idle it's at a much lower voltage. BUT I also don't like it clocking down too far, as it makes it seem sluggish to me. So I have my min clock set to 50%.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(10-08-2014, 02:44 PM)karasuhebi Wrote: Dude I didn't know you could do that. You're awesome! Rep+!

How can anyone not know what you are able to set a custom power plan for your computer? I'm on a desktop and i use it to minimize energy consumption when my computer is idle during night hours.
(10-09-2014, 01:42 PM)Coornio Wrote: How can anyone not know what you are able to set a custom power plan for your computer? I'm on a desktop and i use it to minimize energy consumption when my computer is idle during night hours.

well i think karahusebi metioned about changing the minimum and maximum clock speed of the processor set, but it doesnt work on my desktop Biggrin
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction