fps fluctuated
hi, im facing some problems on using pscx2..ive tried configure it based on the configure guide but still not helping. when i play makai kingdom, it run pretty smooth (still playable even though sometimes the fps fluctuated) but when i play ff x, it is pretty lag, anyone can help?im not sure if its because i play on laptop or maybe some games need good spec in order to play them
laptop spec:
intelcore i5
amd radeon 1gb gddr3
DDRIII 2GB
500 GB

currently using pscx2 1.2.1

im using default setting

games a lot, but i want to play ffx and ffx-2 dvd

Sponsored links

In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Make an iso of the games to play them at better speeds and provide the exact model no. of your i5 processor.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
(02-03-2015, 12:27 PM)ssakash Wrote: Make an iso of the games to play them at better speeds and provide the exact model no. of your i5 processor.

could you explain whats the meaning of provide the exact model no of my i5 processor?
Go to my computer and right click and press properties and copy/paste the given full name of your processor.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
Or simply post the emulog.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(02-03-2015, 01:01 PM)jesalvein Wrote: Or simply post the emulog.
Yeah, should have thought about that.
@op
Before you ask, "where is emulog ?" I think, I should mention that, it is located in logs folder of the pcsx2 directory. if, it's not there then, it will be available in my documents >> pcsx2 >> logs
- Refraction
(02-03-2015, 12:48 PM)klonea Wrote: could you explain whats the meaning of provide the exact model no of my i5 processor?

It's clearly to hack your computer, duh Tongue

Seriously though, we only want to see whether your laptop's hardware actually has enough kick to it to emulate the game you want.
PCSX2 1.2.1.r5873 - compiled on Feb 3 2014
Savestate version: 0x9a0a0000

Host Machine Init:
Operating System = Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate Edition (build 7600), 64-bit
Physical RAM = 1955 MB
CPU name = Intel® Core™ i5-2410M CPU @ 2.30GHz
Vendor/Model = GenuineIntel (stepping 07)
CPU speed = 2.293 ghz (4 logical threads)
x86PType = Standard OEM
x86Flags = bfebfbff 1dbae3bf
x86EFlags = 28100000

x86 Features Detected:
MMX.. SSE.. SSE2.. SSE3.. SSSE3.. SSE4.1.. SSE4.2

Reserving memory for recompilers...

Loading plugins...
Binding GS: D:\ps 2\PCSX2 1.2.1\Plugins\gsdx32-sse2-r5875.dll
Windows 6.1.7600
Binding PAD: D:\ps 2\PCSX2 1.2.1\Plugins\lilypad-r5875.dll
Binding SPU2: D:\ps 2\PCSX2 1.2.1\Plugins\spu2-x-r5875.dll
Binding CDVD: D:\ps 2\PCSX2 1.2.1\Plugins\cdvdGigaherz.dll
Binding USB: D:\ps 2\PCSX2 1.2.1\Plugins\USBnull.dll
Binding FW: D:\ps 2\PCSX2 1.2.1\Plugins\FWnull.dll
Binding DEV9: D:\ps 2\PCSX2 1.2.1\Plugins\DEV9null.dll
Plugins loaded successfully.

(GameDB) 9655 games on record (loaded in 328ms)

there, i copy paste it from emulog Smile hope that helps..
Unfortunately, your laptop is quite weak to play your games without fps drops. Try playing while charging and set windows performance plan to high performance and try fiddling with the speed hacks, That's the best you could achieve with your processor.
- Refraction