fps issue Dragon ball z budokai tenkaichi 3
Hello, I'm using a Intel Core 2 Quad Q6700 2.66gHz and Nvidia GeForce 9600GT...

When i play Tenkaichi 3 i use the D3D Resolution of 1024 / 768
and I achieve withouth framelimiter max. 120fps ingame, in menue there's btw 300 -400 fps

But i've got still a problem that disturbs my gaming... always when i transform to Super Sayan, there's some kind of a ghost effect... The fighter is displayed two times... and that annoys me... I know that if i tick the Native , this effect disappears... but the whole graphic quality suffers than... Isn't there a solution to make that ghost effect disappear without ticking the native, that means with keeping the good quality...

If you don't understand what i mean i could upload a Picture of that ghost effect...

THX for helping!

Sponsored links

try gsdx 1.5 download it from here
http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-3031.html
(05-07-2009, 12:01 PM)dark king Wrote: try gsdx 1.5 download it from here
http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-3031.html

Hello, I tryed Gsdx 0.1.5 but the effect is still there... however, thx for trying...

Could anyone give me another advice for this ghost issue??? I'd be very grateful
@slabbetje

You should realy change your OS to Windows Vista or Windows 7, because with XP you can not use dx10 in GSDX.

I have this game and I played on XP and Vista (now I have Win 7 but I have not tested anything yet) and the differences between dx9 and dx10 are HUGE in Tenkaichi3.

From what used to be 30-40 fps turned into 60 fps (53 fps minimum with the game at 1280x720 HD resoulution).

I am pretty sure your hardware is powerfull enough to run this game at 60 fps even at high internal resolutions, but you can't achieve it using windos XP.
i5 2500K @ 4.8 Ghz - 1.31 V
Asrock Z68 Extreme 3 Gen 3
4 GB Mushkin Radioactive 1600 mhz @ 1866 (8-10-8-27 1T)
ASUS DCU2 HD 6870 (1050/1196) @ 1.3V
Windows 7 Enterprise SP1 32bit
(05-09-2009, 01:13 PM)cyber Wrote: @slabbetje

You should realy change your OS to Windows Vista or Windows 7, because with XP you can not use dx10 in GSDX.

I have this game and I played on XP and Vista (now I have Win 7 but I have not tested anything yet) and the differences between dx9 and dx10 are HUGE in Tenkaichi3.

From what used to be 30-40 fps turned into 60 fps (53 fps minimum with the game at 1280x720 HD resoulution).

I am pretty sure your hardware is powerfull enough to run this game at 60 fps even at high internal resolutions, but you can't achieve it using windos XP.

windows 7 supports directX 10 ? because i don't want to change to vista since i only have 2 GB RAM ,if i do change it to vista then i'm sure that PC games will run slower , so does windows 7 support directX 10 , and does the windows use 1 extra GB RAM like windows vista does ?

srry for my bad english
(05-09-2009, 02:08 PM)adelin07 Wrote:

windows 7 supports directX 10 ? because i don't want to change to vista since i only have 2 GB RAM ,if i do change it to vista then i'm sure that PC games will run slower , so does windows 7 support directX 10 , and does the windows use 1 extra GB RAM like windows vista does ?

srry for my bad english

Of course Windows 7 RC supports DirectX 10 and later versions.. What System are you running now XP?, I can't say if it uses 1 extra GB RAM but i think it uses more than XP, because it's a newer system... I'm now using Windows 7 RC 64-bit, and games on PCSX2 0.9.6 are even running a bit faster than on Vista 32-bit... and I also heard from others that PCSX2 seems to run faster on Windows 7

PS: @ all Do not forget my Question above please Smile i'm still searching for a solution of that weird Ghost Effect when you turn to an Super Sayan
(05-09-2009, 02:17 PM)skylinegt-r Wrote:
(05-09-2009, 02:08 PM)adelin07 Wrote:

srry for my bad english

Of course Windows 7 RC supports DirectX 10 and later versions.. What System are you running now XP?, I can't say if it uses 1 extra GB RAM but i think it uses more than XP, because it's a newer system... I'm now using Windows 7 RC 64-bit, and games on PCSX2 0.9.6 are even running a bit faster than on Vista 32-bit... and I also heard from others that PCSX2 seems to run faster on Windows 7

PS: @ all Do not forget my Question above please Smile i'm still searching for a solution of that weird Ghost Effect when you turn to an Super Sayan

thank you for answering so fast ^^ and yes , i am using windows XP , i will try windows 7 , thx for telling me . and srry for asking this in your thread.
(05-04-2009, 03:06 AM)dark king Wrote: Vu Cycle stealing is not helping in this game

tha's because it's the GPU that's the bottleneck, and readjusting the rsolution will fix it
well im upgrading now my pc to vista but i dont like vista but if it works
(05-09-2009, 09:08 PM)slabbetje Wrote: well im upgrading now my pc to vista but i dont like vista but if it works

Windows 7 is the way to go Smile
ChenZen - A blog for games, technology, gadgets, anime, manga, music, or about anything else that interests the average geek.