frame rate drops randomly on stud of a pc....
Ok so I'm back in town finally. Getting ready to format and start from scratch. Not really the greatest but whatever. As far as iso speed ect I don't think that I should have a problem bc I'm using a ssd. ... idk how that compares to ram but it's definitely way faster than a standard hdd and exponentially faster than running from external hard drive thru usb.... but I guess anything is worth a shot. I'm thinking about disabling my page file to see if maybe that the issue.

I did get ffx and gt4. Spent limited time testing them but I still saw the hiccups. My wife and I were watching a movie last night and I noticed every so often there was a micro stutter where I lost a couple frames..... so I'm thinking maybe I got some kinda deep rooted nasty virus

Sponsored links

FFX is his Microstutter/ frame drops when going from 2d/3d transition and cut scenes other then athat it runs silky smooth. If gona do format just for that its waste of time. as that is already know about. http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-FFX-minor...ne-changes
(09-01-2014, 10:29 PM)tsunami2311 Wrote: FFX is his Microstutter/ frame drops when going from 2d/3d transition and cut scenes other then athat it runs silky smooth. If gona do format just for that its waste of time. as that is already know about. http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-FFX-minor...ne-changes

Well my efforts really weren't for ffx they were for gt3 but that game just seems like a lost cause. Idk what the issue is, it seems I tried everything to no avail. My computer is a beast there no reason it shouldn't run this thing correctly. So I'm chalking it up to just a bug between pcsx2 and gt3. Until someone comes in here and tells me they can play it bug free then I'm assuming that's the final verdict. I'm going to see if I can aquire a pal version off ebay or something maybe it will play better.
Ok so I have an update. Still haven't fixed the problem but here is where I am at. I was able to get my hands on a European version of gt3 and so instead of the fps dropping from 60 to 47 and back in a split second they drop from 50 to 37 now...... I mean seriously that completely defies any logic that I can conjure.

So forget gt3 I started playing god of war , same issue. If I'm in hw mode it drops from 60 to 47fps.

So I got fed up went in my bios and started overclocking. ... now my i7 4 770k is oc'd to 4.3 ghz and I ran cpu benchmark.net thing and got 2400s single threaded performance. Prime 95 good stable liquid cool so heat no issue.

Dl'd msi afterburner ok sweet, oc'd my gtx770 got about 10% more out of it.

Disabled speed stepping hyperthreading off, all speed settings changed from dynamic to static. I updated my bios (mobo) all other drivers good. Seriously does anyone else have this problem?

I was looking at my cpu performance so now that it's oc'd , in hw mode it gets put to the brink of napping at a cool 7-10%.

I been looking around and I can get a gtx 780 ti for around 500$ which if I sell my card really won't cost me a whole lot more should I make this move?
Hmm, can you please show ALL of your settings.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
This is an issue I've personally tried troubleshooting for weeks in the past before calling it quits. From 60 to 47 frames per second in every game, no matter what setting, on hardware more than qualified to emulate 95% of what's playable. Whatever this issue is and I'm not sure if the issue is even on the dev's side, it's been unresolved for months.

Humor a theory I have here. Try emulating the game on the integrated graphics rather than the Nvidia card. Just make sure to lower the settings so we can see if these specific frame drops are still occurring and not just regular slowdown. Tongue

EDIT: Also, can you tell me your graphic card's driver version?
As far as settings I've basically tried every configuration imaginable. Speed hacks on, off, different window sizes, dx9 dx11, different gs plugins. ... I'm using the latest nvidia driver I think it's 340.sumthing I use nvidia experience so it keeps it up to date. O also it doesn't seem to matter which resolution I use either. Obviously gow if I put it on 6x it only runs 40fps but to me that's normal performance related slowdown. The infamous 13 frame drop seems like something all together.

Rock hound what mobo you got cpu ram ect. I'd like to know if we have any similar components.
I think what Nobbs66 meant is could you provide screenshots of all of your settings on PCSX2 please?
[Image: pNm13X9.gif]
Windows 10 Pro x64 Version 1909 | AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | GIGABYTE AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti | Crucial 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3600 RAM | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD | WD Red Plus 8TB

CPU Intensive Games
GPU Intensive Games
Games that don't need a strong CPU
For my laptop:
Intel Core i7-4700MQ
Nvidia GT 755M
8 GB RAM
1 TB 5400 RPM Hard Drive

Look, here's my opinion on the thing. While I can't be 100% sure on this my best bet is that it's a driver related issue on Nividia's part. While I can't be sure when I first had this problem I decided to refresh my Windows installation because I couldn't diagnose what the source of the problem was. That to my delight fixed it putting me on outdated OEM provided drivers. For the sake of keeping Dolphin performance up to snuff though I had to update them. Surprisingly no problems there but shortly after the problem came back. I've done testing on this before and while the results weren't always consistent the old OEM drivers never gave me the issue. That combined with the fact that for the past year or so there have been complaints of micro-stuttering in games on the Nvidia forums, I think they're the culprit. However I never experienced these micro-stutters in any of my games otherwise though when I think about it unlike in an emulator when a frame drops in a game the audio skip wouldn't be a dead giveaway that you dropped frames. There's a chance that this bug is the cause of all the problems but the fact is that my findings were never all that conclusive or consistent. That combined with the fact that Nvidia won't have a possible fix on their end until the next driver release and that issue doesn't seem to plague everyone has left the issue dead in the water for me.
That's why I asked that you test with the integrated Intel Graphics instead to see if you get any of those specific drops though if you'd like I can do some testing of my own as well.
Damn, seriously ANOTHER case of Nvidia breaking stuff for us?
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD