frustrated beginner!!!
haha, I mean if I have the spec to run phantom pain shouldn't I be able to run mgs 2?

Sponsored links

(10-11-2015, 07:25 PM)brucey2343 Wrote: haha, I mean if I have the spec to run phantom pain shouldn't I be able to run mgs 2?

I hope you're not trying to compare native PC gaming to emulation ?
Unless you want to sound ridiculous....
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
again, no.

Emulation != native pc games.

Emulation slams a CPU far harder than any PC game in existence. There are what 7+ chips to emulate in the PS2, and you have to keep them all in sync with each other, or the whole thing goes to hell.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
I umderstand now. This sucks, really wanted to play my childhood games... I thought A8 processors were high range?
There towards the low end.
OK, well... Thanks for your help everyone. Ill have to upgrade when I can. Any recommendations on upgrades? I'm new to the emulating world
depends on your budget really. An unlocked i5 is recommended though.
I'm on an amd computer
motherboards can be swapped.

An AMD chip with a massive overclock or a new intel chip with a moderate OC will have decent luck, but emulators will take all of the power they can get.
(10-11-2015, 07:31 PM)brucey2343 Wrote: I umderstand now. This sucks, really wanted to play my childhood games... I thought A8 processors were high range?

A8s are sort of mid range for AMD i'd say, but unfortunately they're not nearly as fast as intel for emulation, and MGS2 is one of the more demanding PS2 games to run.