game compatibility
Hi guys
I will start by saying that I'm new here. Please forgive me if I posted this in the wrong section. I love what you guys have created here. Recently I built a HTPC which I plan to use PCSX2 on but 2 games that I was really looking forward to playing I can not get to work. If anyone cares it has an i5 3470 processor with 4gb of ram and an r5 230 video card but I am upgrading that to an nvidia gtx 750ti.

World of Outlaws Sprint cars 2002 loads up and all the menus work great. when I'm in game it runs between 50 and 60 fps. But when I'm in game the video is jumbled around. The game is playing just fine but I can't make out what it is. Is there a fix for this? I've searched google a whole bunch and can not find an answer and I've tried the other settings that have worked with the other games but none of them seem to make a difference. Does anybody have any experience with this game? This is the game I most miss from the PS2 and would love to play it again. If anybody knows how to get it working or if there's something I can do to help development to get it to work I would greatly appreciate it.

My 2nd favorite PS2 game is the original Manhunt game. Most games like these that I played on the PS2 I would play through once but this one I've played through 5 or 6 times and would love to do it again. The game loads just fine and I can start where it plays what I believe is a video and when the video is over it just hangs there. I've left it sit for 10 minutes and it never changes. Again I've tried all kinds of settings but they all have the same result. Again if there's anything I can do that anyone knows of or I can help in development I would greatly appreciate it.

Another question which isn't huge but it is an annoyance. On the Madden games I've tried and Fight night games there seems to be little graphical quirks when you are in hardware mode, in software mode they work perfect graphically but are real slow to play. Is there anything that can be done here? Again it's not a huge issue as I'm more concerned about playing the first 2 titles I mentioned but if there was something to fix this would be awesome. Thanks for your responses guys.

Sponsored links

Copied from a mod's post:

Quote:In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
- Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
- The version of PCSX2 you are using.
- Any non default settings you are using.
- What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.
[Insert Witty Sig Here.]
World of outlaws : try software mode, set 3 extra rendering threads in gsdx options
Manhunt : care to post the emulog.txt after it hangs ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(01-15-2015, 08:08 AM)KeyToTruth12 Wrote: Copied from a mod's post:

Sorry my cpu is an i5 3570, my graphics card is an AMD R5 230, I have 4gb of ram and I am running windows 8.1
I am using PCSX2 version 1.21
I have changed all kinds of different settings and all give the same result.
I mentioned the games already but I am running them from ISOs

(01-15-2015, 08:09 AM)jesalvein Wrote: World of outlaws : try software mode, set 3 extra rendering threads in gsdx options

Thank you I will try these tomorrow or later tonight. Also where do I find the emulog.txt? is that in the console or does it make a seperate file somewhere?
(01-15-2015, 08:09 AM)jesalvein Wrote: World of outlaws : try software mode, set 3 extra rendering threads in gsdx options

I just tried the world of outlaws game and I had the same result. Have you ever played the game on here and got it to work? It seems like it should be one setting messing this up but I can't find it.
nope, never heard of this game, and it's not in the compatibility list yet.
Quote:Manhunt : care to post the emulog.txt after it hangs ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(01-15-2015, 08:18 AM)hardon85 Wrote: Thank you I will try these tomorrow or later tonight. Also where do I find the emulog.txt? is that in the console or does it make a seperate file somewhere?
The emulog is located at the logs folder of pcsx2 directory.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
(01-16-2015, 02:02 PM)ssakash Wrote: The emulog is located at the logs folder of pcsx2 directory.

It depends. On standalone it's in PCSX2/logs but on installer it's in My documents/PCSX2/logs
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
You might be experiencing graphical issues in PCSX2 due to your AMD video card. Test it again when you get your new NVidia card.
A gpu wouldnt matter. If anything nvidia gpus are worse for pcsx2
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]