game in slow motion. what could be the problem?
I just downloaded the emulator, configured it using the official guide video from the site, but the game (sly cooper) I tested is like slow motion. what could be the problem?
my CPU is "AMD FX-6100" and my VGA i "AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series". is it enough to run PCSX2?

Sponsored links

Sly cooper Series are quite demanding and bulldozer architecture doesn't perform well with pcsx2.
you'll have to tinker with speedhacks
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(08-31-2013, 12:21 AM)jesalvein Wrote: Sly cooper Series are quite demanding and bulldozer architecture doesn't perform well with pcsx2.
you'll have to tinker with speedhacks

can you point me somewhere explaining what and how speedhacks works? I only found questions, but not a thread explaining the speedhack itself.
I have a guide for slow PCs, nothing really explains them that I have seen
(08-31-2013, 12:47 AM)Saiki Wrote: I have a guide for slow PCs, nothing really explains them that I have seen

if you'r talking about the guide in your signature, I was searching for something with more explanation. I would like to know what I'm doing and not just do it. and my PC is not a slow one. I have a 3.3 MHz CPU and good GPU.
(08-31-2013, 01:01 AM)KireRex Wrote: if you'r talking about the guide in your signature, I was searching for something with more explanation. I would like to know what I'm doing and not just do it. and my PC is not a slow one. I have a 3.3 MHz CPU and good GPU.

3.3MHz? Ooooh scary Laugh

Yea, your bulldozer has horrible single-core power compared to an intel, even more so than previous gen AMDs. The upcoming steamroller series plans to greatly improve on that handicap, but really, with a CPU like that and the Sly Cooper series, i'd just give up, there's no way you're gonna make them run at a decent speed.
(08-31-2013, 01:14 AM)Coornio Wrote: 3.3MHz? Ooooh scary Laugh

Yea, your bulldozer has horrible single-core power compared to an intel, even more so than previous gen AMDs. The upcoming steamroller series plans to greatly improve on that handicap, but really, with a CPU like that and the Sly Cooper series, i'd just give up, there's no way you're gonna make them run at a decent speed.

what are you talking about? 3.3MHz is a good speed for a processor and it has 6 cores, not one. besides, I bought this PC for game, and the GPU is more important than CPU. and the CPU never reach 100% in all cores while playing PCSX2.
(08-31-2013, 01:21 AM)KireRex Wrote: what are you talking about? 3.3MHz is a good speed for a processor and it has 6 cores, not one. besides, I bought this PC for game, and the GPU is more important than CPU. and the CPU never reach 100% in all cores while playing PCSX2.

and it will never since pcsx2 won't use more than 3 cores.
(Coornio was just pointing the fact you seem to be confused between Ghz & Mhz Tongue2 )

in fact, bulldozer architecture performs badly with single threaded applications like pcsx2 (just to correct what Coornio said Wink )

the "good GPU" will be useful only if you try to upscale the graphics. But basically, emulation (unlike native pc gaming) requires more raw CPu power than GPu power.
(08-31-2013, 01:25 AM)jesalvein Wrote: and it will never since pcsx2 won't use more than 3 cores.
(Coornio was just pointing the fact you seem to be confused between Ghz & Mhz Tongue2 )

in fact, bulldozer architecture performs badly with single threaded applications like pcsx2 (just to correct what Coornio said Wink )

yeah, my bad. I had network classes last semester and everything was in MHz, so it got stuck. and if anyone knows a good thread explaining about the speed hack I would appreciate. I'm searching, but didn't find anything I could use (and I'm not very good in searches).
something you could try, though : set extra rendering threads to 4 or 5 and use software mode. Of course, gfx will look ugly because you'll be stuck to native resolution.
but it can help you with global speed.