game runs very slow
(03-21-2014, 12:26 AM)Nobbs66 Wrote: How would that help then. If if you lower the base frame rate to 30fps, it will take 50% less power to run, but that will be at 50% normal speed. To counteract that speed loss you use the turbo function which just brings your usage back up to what it was supposed to be.
it's been discussed here :http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-No-more-slowdown

to sum it up : it may work in some cases, but it's a very agressive & dirty way to make things run. this may bring many undesired effects such as crashes.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go

Sponsored links

Hmm, I didn't know it would work.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
(03-21-2014, 12:26 AM)Nobbs66 Wrote: How would that help then. If if you lower the base frame rate to 30fps, it will take 50% less power to run, but that will be at 50% normal speed. To counteract that speed loss you use the turbo function which just brings your usage back up to what it was supposed to be.
that really help on "high % EE load only" (cpu bottleneck). I don't use EE cyclerate cos it cause loss compatible games, slowdown and graphical issue
Edit:
You can try it on cpu demanding games
Edit 2 :
Cos there are 30fps game
Edit 3 :
It's not suitable on high %GS. Your game speed will be cut to half and has sound out of sync.
Im sorry i often misstype because im using cellphone...Y( '',)Y
The difference is mainly with EE cyclerate the "effective" EE clock is being reduced, is like saying the PS2 processor was slower and then easier on the emulating machine. And this might indeed cause some issues in some games mainly when abused. But... (always there is a but)

Those other hacks like halving the base frame rate destroy almost every synchronization out there, where with EE cyclerate the "EE" being emulated had relative control of syncs, now it has none, but (again but) this might work in some cases but becomes very sensitive and needing adjusts at each different game being played, critical and not trivial adjusts. And this is the reason it is not directly implemented and not recommended in general fashion at all. Just to give idea, the turbo already helps creating more issues, so is being used at least two uncontrolled issues sources at least.

In despair cases such drastic measures can be attempted, the user just must be aware of potential problems and know what is being done.

The main problem arises from the misunderstanding of what is that base FPS on the emulator in relation with the actual PS2. In the last it is the Refresh rate of the TV standard being used, it is so critical that is hardware controlled. It is the same as the refresh rate on your monitor/video card couple. If it failed on actual PS2 the consequences would be... dramatic to say the least.

But since to the emulator it is only an "emulation" of that refresh rate that most games use to sync their events, the effects are less dramatic but still extremely unpleasant.

So, it's true that in actual PS2 some games run at smaller FPS than that "fixed and critical refresh rate"... they are different things indeed... but make no mistake, does not matter PS2 FPS, it's output will be steady 60 or 50 lines per second.

I hope this shed some light on that so little comprehended "base FPS" and how it is confused with how the motions on the screen are felt, the poor thing is even called fake when it is honest Smile (a little explanation here is in order... what really becomes distorted is the pace the action happens; like a movie in slow motion despite the frame rate is the correct).
Imagination is where we are truly real
May be real PS2 console cut it fps to half caused by it EE is bottleneck.
Im sorry i often misstype because im using cellphone...Y( '',)Y