games could run on my lappy?
Smile 
good day!! i just wanna ask what games would fit and run smooth on my laptop with the specs:

core i5 1.8-2.7 ghz
2gb amd radeon HD 8750m
4gb ram

i hav read that u dont recommend laptop on emulation unless my laptop meets the requirement posted. including core i5 and a decent graphics.

will there be mvc2 on the list if ever?

and is the cpu speed that really important?

BlushBlush

i hav attached screenie of cpu z on my lappy..

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sponsored links

what game(s) do you own ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Yes your cpu speed matters a lot. Your cpu is going to struggly on a majority of games.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
(03-16-2014, 09:46 PM)jesalvein Wrote: what game(s) do you own ?

i only hav mvc2 but it runs slow. im thinking i didnt configure it right so i posted here.
(03-16-2014, 09:47 PM)Nobbs66 Wrote: Yes your cpu speed matters a lot. Your cpu is going to struggly on a majority of games.

u mean that an i3 with 3.0ghz would be better than an i5 with 1.8 ghz even if it has turbo boost? SadSad better to play steam.. T_T
have you tried enabling speedhacks?
Not sure what graphics card you have, it's memory bandwidth,
it's temperature, fan speed, what pixel shader it has
try TechPowerUp's gpu-z

Not sure what your cpu is try cpu-z
       (hint click on the highlighted links Biggrin)
(03-16-2014, 10:07 PM)yipes Wrote: u mean that an i3 with 3.0ghz would be better than an i5 with 1.8 ghz even if it has turbo boost? SadSad better to play steam.. T_T

cpu-clock is not everything... but higher values correspond normally to higher speed.
You also have to consider that the calculations-per-cycle-value enhances for new architectures and there is also a difference between amd and intel...And then you also have the number of cores as well as cache per core...

But to keep your example.. i would think that a i3@3GHz has more horsepower for emulation than a [email protected] in single-threaded programs.

Hyperthreading btw normally doesn't help since it is only used for a short time if one core is working heavily while all others are idling... This is normally not the case for pcsx2