games showing up as incorrect in 1.7 nightly build
I'm not sure what is going on with this,
I have 2 games that are doing this
"Dead or Alive 2 - Hardcore" shows up as "Dead or Alive 2"
"Dark Cloud" Shows up as "Dead or Alive 2 - Hardcore"
I'm using PCSX2 v.1.7.2797 Windows 64bit AVX2-Qt

is there a way to manually fix this? like maybe renaming the DVD images?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sponsored links

if you google SLPS-25026, you only get DOA2 hardcore, so I think you have the wrong serial there?

yes we haven't got "Hardcore" in the SLUS-20071 serial, we can correct that.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

how do I fix the serial on an iso? there must be a way to do it
are you *sure* the game you're running is Dark Cloud? or have you just named the ISO incorrectly?

I'm 100% certain it is Dark Cloud, I was playing it. I even double checked it after I saw PCSX2 wasn't seeing it right. but from what you're saying the iso has a file or maybe 2 inside it that were named incorrectly. so can I rename the files inside the iso and have it still work?
(05-25-2022, 12:28 PM)wildsprite Wrote: I'm 100% certain it is Dark Cloud, I was playing it. I even double checked it after I saw PCSX2 wasn't seeing it right. but from what you're saying the iso has a file or maybe 2 inside it that were named incorrectly. so can I rename the files inside the iso and have it still work?

i don't think it works that way.
did you somehow patch your dark cloud iso ?
if you try with original disc, do you have the same problem ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
I can promise you that serial does not exist for Dark Cloud.

(05-25-2022, 12:33 PM)jesalvein Wrote: i don't think it works that way.
did you somehow patch your dark cloud iso ?
if you try with original disc, do you have the same problem ?

I can't use the original disc on my PC, I don't have a DVD rom drive. so I'm at the mercy of someone else ripping it. I'm not sure what to do. I mean I could just leave it as it is. it does work. I would just like to have PCSX2 read the correct data for the game which as you pointed out it won't do since someone messed up.
so are you double clicking on "dead or alive" and it's loading Dark Cloud? or is there another one in the list called Dark Cloud? cos this doesn't make sense..

This is either the weirdest thing I've seen in 20 years, or you're not telling us the whole story.

(05-25-2022, 04:39 PM)refraction Wrote: so are you double clicking on "dead or alive" and it's loading Dark Cloud? or is there another one in the list called Dark Cloud? cos this doesn't make sense..

This is either the weirdest thing I've seen in 20 years, or you're not telling us the whole story.

The iso is named Dark Cloud, it shows in PCSX2 v1.7 Nightly as Dead or Alive 2 Hardcore. it loads as Dark Cloud as well. I would like to fix the iso if it is possible but it is looking like I might have to hunt down another copy. if you look at the original post I put up images, the first image is that if the Dark Cloud iso being seen by PCSX2 as Dead or Alive 2 Hardcore. it still plays as Dark Cloud though