games speedup
okay, so I was using windows 10 up until now, but then I had to factory reset, so now im back to windows 8.1. and after I reinstalled pcsx2 I plopped in my ps2 disc and mad a fascinating discovery. my fps have improved by 20-40 higher. So this got me thinking, theres a lot of people using different versions of windows out there, and each ones have a different speedup maybe compatibility rate

Sponsored links

Or you just had a lot of junk on your previous OS that bogged down your system as a whole, and the reason it's running smoother now is because it's a clean Windows again.

(Why did you have to do a reset anyway?)
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.60~4.20 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Super @ 6 GB | Samsung 980 1TB | Windows 10 Pro x64 (22H2)
(03-26-2016, 03:37 PM)Ryudo Wrote: Or you just had a lot of junk on your previous OS that bogged down your system as a whole, and the reason it's running smoother now is because it's a clean Windows again.

(Why did you have to do a reset anyway?)

Glad you asked. Windows 10 is crap, i couldnt even open the taskbar. so I downgraded got rid of everything on it. Tried out the emulator it was nice and fast. I then decided to upgrade again to see if this was true and, well it was slow. unbearably slow and I got a windows error message from playing persona 4, so now I downgraded back to 8.1
(03-26-2016, 03:44 PM)yolosnuff Wrote: Glad you asked. Windows 10 is crap, i couldnt even open the taskbar. so I downgraded got rid of everything on it. Tried out the emulator it was nice and fast. I then decided to upgrade again to see if this was true and, well it was slow. unbearably slow and I got a windows error message from playing persona 4, so now I downgraded back to 8.1

Sounds like your windows 10 didn't install properly, it's a common issue. When it installs right, it's not bad at all.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(03-26-2016, 05:21 PM)refraction Wrote: Sounds like your windows 10 didn't install properly, it's a common issue. When it installs right, it's not bad at all.

Not only proper installation i noticed on my friends pc that there were no colours in window10 due to incompatible graphics card.
----+---------+-------
Yolosnuf let us know your pc specs as it may be problem of graphics card.
(03-26-2016, 05:48 PM)PCSX2PS2 Wrote: Not only proper installation i noticed on my friends pc that there were no colours in window10 due to incompatible graphics card.
----+---------+-------
Yolosnuf let us know your pc specs as it may be problem of graphics card.

That's a different issue, it wouldn't cause the taskbar to not work. However it is true in terms of Intel at least that if you have a sandybridge or older intel IGPU and nothing else, you're outta luck as they've decided not to support sandybridge or lower GPU's with windows 10
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]