games won't launch
everything is set up, but it won't launch my games! Instead, it gives me a screen, which must be built into the ps2, telling me to insert a disk. With the cd null plugin, it takes me to the configuration. In the screen with all the info on it, the only things in red are something about unable to find the "rom2" and "erom". Someone please help me, i want to play my games on this emulator!

Sponsored links

(07-26-2009, 10:37 PM)keiththewolf Wrote: everything is set up, but it won't launch my games! Instead, it gives me a screen, which must be built into the ps2, telling me to insert a disk. With the cd null plugin, it takes me to the configuration. In the screen with all the info on it, the only things in red are something about unable to find the "rom2" and "erom". Someone please help me, i want to play my games on this emulator!

what is ur pc specification? could u mind provide some screenshot?
Is the whole thing happens after setting configuration of emulator?
(i mean,do u configure pcsx2?)
you said rom2,erom not found which indicate that u have dumped
ur bios incorrectly.
Again it seems that u should not execute.go to file>run cd-dvd.
Missing rom/erom errors are common. What does happen when you use other cdvd plugin than CDVDnull? are you running games from disc or iso?
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
AMD Athlon Dual-Core QL-60 1.90 GHz
Windows Vista Home Premium- Service Pack 2
32-bit system
NVIDIA GeForce 8200M G

Im running it from the disk. It's a playstaion 1 disk, but it should work just as well on the emulator because the PS2 ran PSX (I think that's what they were called) disks as well. I atached a screenshot too. The CDnull plugin, just made the emulator run, without having to have an actual disk. I guess it was so you could configure the console. But everything in pcsx2 is configued and says that everything is working.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I just found something else out! Another red message. Its says something about a boot error, or unable to boot "system.cnf".
Um, PCSX2 doesn't play PS1 games.
www.twitch.tv/krazytrumpeter05
Want to stream your games? Let me know and I can help you get set up with Open Broadcaster Software.
(07-27-2009, 06:30 PM)keiththewolf Wrote: AMD Athlon Dual-Core QL-60 1.90 GHz
Windows Vista Home Premium- Service Pack 2
32-bit system
NVIDIA GeForce 8200M G

Im running it from the disk. It's a playstaion 1 disk, but it should work just as well on the emulator because the PS2 ran PSX (I think that's what they were called) disks as well. I atached a screenshot too. The CDnull plugin, just made the emulator run, without having to have an actual disk. I guess it was so you could configure the console. But everything in pcsx2 is configued and says that everything is working.

As KrazyTrumpeter05 said,PCSX2 does not run PS1 games,use PCSX for that or any other PS1 emulator.
Of course,you'd know that if you bothered to read our FAQ...
[Image: newsig.jpg]