gaming set up
Hey guys im new to this whole posting threads stuff and pcsx2 in general, i downloaded it specificly to play kingdom hearts 2. I think my pc is a decent pc since it can handle assassins creed brotherhood, revelations, saints row 3 and other games but when the emulator starts the game its sound is choppy and lags alot when multiple npc come into view. When I am far away from donald or goofy it runs normally and sometime the sound quality is good. can you guys give me any tips on this. Sorry to annoy you guys but ive been looking everywhere on google ad couldnt find settings that adapted to my computer

Here are the specification:
Computer: Gateway model sx2370 with windows 7 home premium 64bit
processor: Amd a6-3000 with radeon tm (hd) graphics 2.10 ghz
Installed memory (RAM):4.00 gigabytes (3.71 usuable)

Thanks in advance

Sponsored links

You have integrated graphics, so you probably won't get full speed except in 2d games. Unless, of course, you installed an aftermarket graphics card.

Try native resolution and bumping up the sliders on some speedhacks. That might help you a bit. No guarantees though.

Also, what is the clock speed on that processor?
Quote:I think my pc is a decent pc since it can handle assassins creed brotherhood, revelations, saints row 3 and other games
I wonder how you can think this since those games arent PS2 games, but native PC ones...
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(08-26-2012, 06:48 PM)JakobGibby Wrote: You have integrated graphics, so you probably won't get full speed except in 2d games. Unless, of course, you installed an aftermarket graphics card.

Try native resolution and bumping up the sliders on some speedhacks. That might help you a bit. No guarantees though.

thanks im going to try that sorry if this annoying but how do i find the speed of it im not sure just got it like 1 week ago.

(08-26-2012, 09:04 PM)jesalvein Wrote: I wonder how you can think this since those games arent PS2 games, but native PC ones...

its because i think since their the newer games that are applicable to modern consoles liek ps3 xbox etc. that their requierments surpass the neccesity to emulate a old ps2 game. Im sorry but im new to this
so im bound to make stupid mistakes.
Believe me.
Ps2 emulation can be far more demanding than the newest modern games
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(08-26-2012, 06:48 PM)JakobGibby Wrote: You have integrated graphics, so you probably won't get full speed except in 2d games. Unless, of course, you installed an aftermarket graphics card.

ive tried bumping the speed hacks and native resolution but to no avail it slowed down oh and i think the proccsor speed is 2098 mhz with no aftermarket parts.
Your PC is too weak to play most games. You have to understand that emulation works differently than PC games. They're more demanding and aren't optimized for PCs (yet). It's like bad console ports that runs better on their native systems than on your PC. You'll need at least 3 GHz to run stuff decently and a better GPU.
CPU: Intel Core i5-3470 Quad Core @ 3.6GHz
RAM: 8GB
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 660 Ti