geometry shader and mesa
Hello Linux guys,

Geometry shader is currently disabled on Mesa drivers. I don't remember why.

Could you test latest Mesa/GSdx version and "force-enable" the geometry shader extension?

Sponsored links

(06-05-2015, 09:13 AM)gregory Wrote: Geometry shader is currently disabled on Mesa drivers. I don't remember why.

Probably because of my report here. However that was quite a few mesa versions ago, so things could be different now. I have mesa-10.6.0-rc1 compiled currently. Force-enabling geometry shaders, the terminal now shows this:

Code:
Supported Opengl version: 3.3 (Core Profile) Mesa 10.6.0-rc1 on GPU: Mesa DRI Intel(R) Haswell Desktop x86/MMX/SSE2. Vendor: Intel Open Source Technology Center
Note: the maximal version supported by GSdx is 3.3 (even if you driver support more)!
Buggy driver detected. Geometry shaders will be disabled
Override geometry shaders detection
Buggy driver detected, GL_ARB_separate_shader_objects will be disabled

According to that override line, geometry shaders should be active. It works now! None of the issues I reported back then, everything looks as it should.

BTW, what advantage do geometry shaders bring to pcsx2? Just curious. Because I have the feeling geometry shaders aren't a commonly used feature out there.
Great. Some tests on AMD/Nvidia will be nice.

Quote:BTW, what advantage do geometry shaders bring to pcsx2? Just curious. Because I have the feeling geometry shaders aren't a commonly used feature out there.
On openGL, the GS transforms line (PS2 uses a diagonal) into a 2d rectangle (2 triangles). On Dx it is also uses to emulate flat vertex parameter. It helps to reduce CPU requirements (a little).