get faster emulation?
Hi, I am currently grinding in a game in which it will take me 75 hours of normal play to get the item. Obviously, I do not want to do this so I set the speed hacks to max and put the game on unlimited (F4). I get 2.5 times speed on the game resulting in the item to get to take about 30 hours now. However, this is also too long for my liking. When I put the game on unlimited I use about 50% of my CPU. Is there a way to allow the emulator to use more of my computer to get it faster?

Thanks.

Sponsored links

PCSX2 can only use 3 threads at most for emulation purposes, and once a single thread (CPU core) gets maxed, not much else can be done.

You're probably better off just searching for a cheat to get it.
[Image: 2748844.png]
the limit is by the EE, not your CPU. probably the best you're gonna be able to do without editing the source code
The first game I can think of(that requires a lot of time to get certain items)is Valkyrie Profile 2.
What game are you playing and what you'll get if you spend so much time playing.

And btw one warning...the faster a game run(above normal speed),the higher the chance the emu to crash and by using all speed hacks,you are making it even more possible to encounter a problem
I don't know dude. That sounds very plausiable but I never seen it happen. I played games over 200+FPS before at long periods of time and it was fine.
I5 3570k 3.4ghz| 4GB R9 290| 8GB DDR3
lol I missed that.. some of those speedhacks SLOW down the EE, making it run slower.
(07-12-2013, 05:16 PM)Saiki Wrote: lol I missed that.. some of those speedhacks SLOW down the EE, making it run slower.

Do you mean that there are some new speed hacks(the last time I update it,it was when pcsx2-r5484 was the latest rev)
Since I don't use pcsx2 to play games,I rarely update it

Edit:nvm
(07-12-2013, 04:49 PM)vsub Wrote: The first game I can think of(that requires a lot of time to get certain items)is Valkyrie Profile 2.
What game are you playing and what you'll get if you spend so much time playing.

And btw one warning...the faster a game run(above normal speed),the higher the chance the emu to crash and by using all speed hacks,you are making it even more possible to encounter a problem

I'm playing Final Fantasy X trying to get Wakka's final overdrive.
You can get it by editing your memory card save with FFXED from the tools forum here
(07-12-2013, 10:01 PM)vsub Wrote: You can get it by editing your memory card save with FFXED from the tools forum here

I was very tempted to hack the game and get all items and everything to 100% the game, however, then I cannot say I did it all myself Laugh . So I am going to try and get over this bump in the road since it is the only real thing that is holding me back since it is so boring to do.