getting GT4 to work....
I'm sorry looking like a Don Quixote fighting against the mill, still I may be indeed. Actually I install most things there too... just not games, not even PC games and certainly not PC games that allow modding. Of course not all games will misbehave there but many will, in the end it's a personal choice and personal headache.

Just search game forums in general and those dedicated to modding in special... the gross amount of threads related to permission issues can be tracked down to a common cause. There is no point in repeating and telling all the reasons behind the issue, it's not even directly related to the user access rights most of times; it's an application access rights, reason running as The Administrator can workaround some issues, it's not enough the user account being the administrative type ever... but it just masks the issue and setup the bomb for afterward trigger, let alone the mess with actual folders setup and killing the very purpose of those "special protections".

Again, it's your choice, but we should help users, spread what we learn, not help to create immediate or future issues for him or perpetuate the causes.

PS: Although I see no point trying and getting credibility by boasting titles instead trying and posting solid information backed on arguments, sometimes the first can help and sometimes needed to counter the same posture. I'm indeed a system support and administration, system analyst guy (although retired now), with some decades of actual work in government oligarchy with thousands of employees, hundred of PC based terminals under multiserver setup and mainframe centralized. Backed with some IBM among others corporations certifies, ranging from system and database protection, from SAM/ISAM/VSAM to SQL, system and local policies... and so on.

I don't know what weight it may have, most things I learned are past now, still they are fundamentals, the base the new is constructed, many new things are of interest yet and I try to keep informed though.

Albeit nobody is impervious to err and surely I'm not, I try and avoid posting about something I don't know for sure and I make it clear when whatever being said is just a personal opinion or speculation.
Imagination is where we are truly real

Sponsored links

(08-04-2010, 12:34 PM)TheWizardFromOS Wrote: Hi Im also trying to get GT4 to work! I have different problems tho. I cant seem to find the right settings for pcsx. The game runs slow and with terrible quality. My PC specs:
Phenom II X2 550 @ 3.7ghz
Radeon 4830
2gb kingston Hyper X @ 400mhz
Windows 7 Ultimate x64

My PC is more than good enough to run that game Im certain, but I cannot find the right settings. Ive tried a lot of combinations. Nothing works for me so far.

Thanks, The Wiz!

Post snapshot of your settings so we can see what the problem is. Use latest beta if you are not using it now.
Both PAL and NTSC versions are fully playable but demanding.
Also, GT4 works much better than GT3.
(08-04-2010, 12:34 PM)TheWizardFromOS Wrote: Hi Im also trying to get GT4 to work! I have different problems tho. I cant seem to find the right settings for pcsx. The game runs slow and with terrible quality. My PC specs:
Phenom II X2 550 @ 3.7ghz
Radeon 4830
2gb kingston Hyper X @ 400mhz
Windows 7 Ultimate x64

My PC is more than good enough to run that game Im certain, but I cannot find the right settings. Ive tried a lot of combinations. Nothing works for me so far.

Thanks, The Wiz!

We got very similar hardware, I suppose that your ram is not 400 but 800mhz and indeed all that is enough to play gt4 but the only way to make it work is by setting brightness to 0 and then you can't see much on screen so I wouldn't bother with this game at the moment. There is also problem of emu crushing, this game causes that very often.
AMD Phenom II 550 Black Edition @3.8GHz
4GB DDR2 1066MHz CL5-5-5-15
ASUS Radeon EAH4770 Formula 512MB DDR5
I took a few screenshots with my specs and configs. Im aiming for GT4, because I have a wheel and I know GT4 is the most realistic game when it comes to handling. I also saved the log from pcsx2

P.S. Im using v2.00 14/06/2004 USA Bios as my game is from the US ( NTSC version )

EDIT: I tried using speed hacks with no success!
Heres the shot:

.txt   log.txt (Size: 15,55 KB / Downloads: 279)
TheWizardFromOS:
You have GSdx set to software rendering. Change to hardware to fix the worst slowdowns.
Also for licenses set EE clamping mode on 'Extra + Preserve Sign'. You can turn it to 'None' for else, you'll get more speed. Speedhacks shouldn't be necessary but you can test it yourself.

Does this looks like fun?
Progressive scan enabled? Disable it.
(08-05-2010, 10:42 AM)rama Wrote: Progressive scan enabled? Disable it.

You are talkin to me or someone else?
I don't know what you mean, progressive scan in game options or there is something like that in emu?