god of war 1 - in cutscenes black bar on bottom
Photo 
Gow of War 1 (PAL) runs very well for meSmile
i got only one issue: every cutscene has a black bar on the bottom of the screeen.

any idea?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sponsored links

I, too, encounter this issue. It is wierd that this black bar is not there when playing on the PS2. I'm using the NTSC version, and the black bar is a rectangcle, not like your's.
what in the hell are you both talking about ! ?

check this

[Image: image.jpg]

i am using DX11/10 and Stretch as aspect ratio
@Livy
thank you for your feedback. would you please attach an image of yours?

@abdo123
whats so unclear in my issue description?

my Emulation Settings -> Window GS -> Aspect Ratio: Fit to Window/Screen

please dont bother, if you cant help. but thank you for the image. its not visible on chrome and fox but i copied URL with right click and opened in new tab.

there is a black bar in your window too. i cant remember it on ps. your mean its normal or what?
It might caused by using a non-native custom resolution or changing the deinterlacing modes.

Grandia 3 and Kingdom Hearts also has problems with flickering borders in videos. But I think that's a framebuffer problem.

Main Rig: i7-3770k @4.5ghz | 16GB DDR3 | Nvidia GTX 980 TI | Win 10 X64
Laptop: MSI GT62VR | i7-6700HQ | 16GB DDR4 | Nvidia GTX 1060 | Win 10 X64

yes, i use 3x native resolution. but with native its the same. how do i change deinterlacing mode? when i try Config -> Video (GS) -> Plugin Settings... -> Interlacing (F5) modes, none of them "fix" the cutscenesSad

also changing dx9/dx11/Software mode doesn't the black bar diappear. i'm on dx11 now. my other properties are all default. no speedhacks, no game fixes.
I have the same problem with god of war. But only with the PAL version. The NTSC version is fine.

I don't really care since it doesn't affect the gameplay Smile

Main Rig: i7-3770k @4.5ghz | 16GB DDR3 | Nvidia GTX 980 TI | Win 10 X64
Laptop: MSI GT62VR | i7-6700HQ | 16GB DDR4 | Nvidia GTX 1060 | Win 10 X64

It looks like the usual IPU bugs, unsolvable for the time. Very minor though imo...
[Image: newsig.jpg]
well, i wont get an NTSC version just to have play it with thin black bar instead. the screenshot posted above by abdo123 show a NTSC version wich is not fine, too. Nexxxus, have you seen a NTSC version with "clean" cutscenes? also i like to play it in german again. also i'm not sure if i can use saves from my current version.

as i mentioned in 1st post i really enjoy the game on pc! its so nice i cant even describeRolleyes nevertheless you always want to get 100% so i was wondering if we can fix the cutscenes no matter if its minor or heavy issue. i mean you dont care about it anymore only since you know its unsolvable.. so am i. thank you all very much for quick clarification on this!Smile

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Quote:thank you for your feedback. would you please attach an image of yours?
Exactly like your screenshot above, no matter 4:3 or 16:9 ratio is used. The black bars only appear in pre-rendered cutscenes, not in in-game cutscenes.

On PS2 there're no black bars. But this issue is very minor so I don't bother to ask, until I saw this thread.