gran truism 4 settings and tekken tag tournament settings
Hi I'm new to the forums. I remember using pcsx2 for a select number of games because my ps2 wouldn't read disks anymore. I have the newest version of the emulator and need settings for the above games. I have a Saber tooth mobo with 8gb of ram 8350 cpu at stock 4ghz liquid cooled and an r9 295x2 with built in liquid cooling 8gb vram over 1ghz gpus. I have tried various emulation settings from YouTube and other sites but my resolution on my display is 3840x1800 I have a 4k but do not have it running in 4k due to the 30hz limiter on the tv. Thanks in advance joel.

Sponsored links

what settings do you exactly need ?
which problem do you get ?

Quote:I have tried various emulation settings from YouTube and other sites
stupid question : did you try the official pcsx2 guide ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Just slow frame rates. In gt4 before the races begin it lags and lags and I've seen people playing it in 1080 just fine on YouTube. Not a stupid question at all. I didn't know there was one. I'm new to pcsx2 I used it when it first came out to play dmc3 a long time ago and even used it to play my kingdom Hearts disk. Is the configuration guide on here? Thanks sorry for the dumb questions...
GT4 is extremely demanding. Can you post your full system specs?
[Insert Witty Sig Here.]
Specs are above but as follows.
Corsair 1000w rm psu
8gb Kingston ram
Amd 8350 liquid cooled @ 4.2ghz 8 core cpu
ATI Radeon r9 295x2 8gb vram over 1ghz dual gpu
Ssd for Windows 2 1tb hard drives for games.
Please someone post some setups I've tried to many and it is still laggy. This computer is more than powerful enough to emulate this game I know that for a fact because I play crysis 3 on high settings at 3200x1800 resolution and get 60fps lowest 45. I know that's comparing apples to oranges but armored core plays fine even at that high of a resolution! I have gt4 at less than 720p and still lagging 35 fps when all of the cars are on the screen during a race. Once I get in first it speeds up to 50 sometimes 60.
What are your GS and EE readings when having slowdowns?
[Insert Witty Sig Here.]
(06-18-2015, 09:20 PM)jds1990 Wrote: Specs are above but as follows.
Corsair 1000w rm psu
8gb Kingston ram
Amd 8350 liquid cooled @ 4.2ghz 8 core cpu
ATI Radeon r9 295x2 8gb vram over 1ghz dual gpu
Ssd for Windows 2 1tb hard drives for games.
Please someone post some setups I've tried to many and it is still laggy. This computer is more than powerful enough to emulate this game I know that for a fact because I play crysis 3 on high settings at 3200x1800 resolution and get 60fps lowest 45. I know that's comparing apples to oranges but armored core plays fine even at that high of a resolution! I have gt4 at less than 720p and still lagging 35 fps when all of the cars are on the screen during a race. Once I get in first it speeds up to 50 sometimes 60.

For GT4, try these settings... You can use native resolution if u want and disabling the fx shader (mine is enabled) should help you a little. You may also want to enable "allow 8bit textures"

[Image: DZxjeBA.jpg]

menus might lag a little..but in-game runs great for me. usually 60 fps..make sure under EE the recompilers are checked and under VU0 and VU1 that microVU are checked.

.u might want to switch on 480p (progressive scan) in GT4's options if u haven't already

btw I have a i5 750 at 4ghz and a hd 7870 2gb vid card
EE in the 80% range. Gs highest I've seen is 60%.
Highest cpu usage in task manager is 41%. I'm guessing pcsx2 doesn't support crossfire? Also where do I get the plug in for arx gs? I have gs sse4.2 and I heard that one is faster and my cpu supports that according to cpuz. Please post a link if you can. Thanks for your help. I just really want to get it running full speed
(06-18-2015, 11:35 PM)jds1990 Wrote: EE in the 80% range. Gs highest I've seen is 60%.
Highest cpu usage in task manager is 41%. I'm guessing pcsx2 doesn't support crossfire? Also where do I get the plug in for arx gs? I have gs sse4.2 and I heard that one is faster and my cpu supports that according to cpuz. Please post a link if you can. Thanks for your help. I just really want to get it running full speed

CPU is bottlenecking.
[Insert Witty Sig Here.]
OK thanks for that post. Still dipping on the special circuits on the str8 in the city. But now I just tried a race with more cars to see if it would still slow down and the lowest I saw was 50fps and once I got in front 60fps. Some tracks still have problems but it's playing better just with those boxes checked. I didn't use the Slider because last time I did it ran SUPER slow. I will adjust the graphics next. Thanks everyone for your help I'll keep you updated. I want to play tekken tag. Guess what turned it up to 1920x1080 in the window and plug in still getting 50 to 60 fps. Awesome. Keep the tips coming. I want MOOOOREEE HAHAHA