granturismo 4
hi, ive just installed your emulator, and gotten up and running as best i could tell by going through your config guide. im trying to play on old copy of gran tourismo 4 (need something to tide me over to 5), my problem is this, the game seems to start, i get the inital screen, with a sony copyright and a message to have fun and drive safe irl, but thats it, just freezes there. I tried a copy of god of war and got the same thing sans the inital screen. looks like its going good, then locks up. Im not sure if pcsx2 is crashing or whats happening. please tell me what you need to know to start troubleshooting.

Sponsored links

We need some more info from you. Primarily, what are your PC stats (operating system, processor type and speed, and video card model) as well as which version of pcsx2 you are using and which plugins you have tried/are trying currently.
[Image: 2748844.png]
specs:

AMD Athlon 2 2.7Ghz
ECS MoBo
ATi 4670
4Gb DDR 1066
WinXP
pcsx2 9.6

no plugins installed
No plugins installed? You realize that, for example, GSdx is a graphics plugin, and SPU-2 is an audio plugin, right? Without plugins, you would not be able to run PCSX2 at all.

Perhaps post a screenshot of your config windows.
[Image: yunacopy.jpg]
...is it a PAL version of GT4? If it is, you'll have all sorts of problems...

Cheers...
AMD FX-8350
4x 4GB DDR3 2400MHz
AMD Radeon R9 Fury X
i got GT4 PAL as well and had the same problems - after the first screen it just sits there and didn't go any further

i switched to PEOPS CDVD plugin and ran it from an ISO mounted with daemon tools

that at least got me ingame with PCSX2 0.9.6 and showed me all the menus and stuff but when i was actually starting a race the graphics where so messed up i didn't see anything at all - but then i tried the beta r1888 and it is playable with some minor graphix glitches

i got GT4 PAL running with the following setup:

PCSX2 beta r1888 (all settings at default)
graphics plugin: GSdx 1873 SSE3 - DX 10 hardware (comes with the installer of the PCSX beta)
sound plugin: SPU2-X 1.2.0
CDVD plugin: P.E.Op.S 1.3.0

since you are on winXP i doubt the DX10 modes work for you so you will need to switch GSdx to DX9 - but in DX9 Hardware mode the emulator just crashed on my system - DX9 software mode worked though i got even more graphics glitches than on DX 10 and a very low frame rate of course (around 10fps during a race)

and you might as well need to switch to the SSE2 version of GSdx because of your AMD - i don't know if YOUR athlon has SSE3 but the athlon 64 x2 (AM2) that my bro and my friend have DON'T
my comp:
Core2 Duo E6550 @ 2.33Ghz
Vista Ultimate x86 / 2GB RAM
GeForce 8600 / 256MB VRAM
Read this thread, you'll find all problems you encountered & solutions to all of them
http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-4770.html

Cheers...
AMD FX-8350
4x 4GB DDR3 2400MHz
AMD Radeon R9 Fury X
that thread is on the NTSC version though - the PAL version appears to be even buggier - but reading it sure won't hurt
my comp:
Core2 Duo E6550 @ 2.33Ghz
Vista Ultimate x86 / 2GB RAM
GeForce 8600 / 256MB VRAM
(11-03-2009, 04:28 PM)Umino Wrote: that thread is on the NTSC version though - the PAL version appears to be even buggier - but reading it sure won't hurt

...yes, but settings for PAL & NTSC version are same, only that PAL version doesn't have that Video Output settings, so in 90% of races you won't be able to start game due to bug, for NTSC versions only 480p is solution, or was it 480i...

Cheers...
AMD FX-8350
4x 4GB DDR3 2400MHz
AMD Radeon R9 Fury X
Gran Turismo 4 should work with this settings and plugins. Both PAL and NTSC versions.

On PAL version Driving Licenses don't work but there is a solution. When you go from license B1 to B2 and so on, turn off EE recompiler (under CPU settings). The game will become very slow but you can use it only when switching from one license to another but once you switched it (to B2 license for example) you can turn EErec ON again. To do it use save states a lot and Run->Execute option a lot. Smile It is very time consuming but if you are a true GT4 fan you wont see it as a problem Tongue

For NTSC version, as already mentioned few thousands times, go to options and under Video options switch to 480p mode. Set brightness to 0 and drive.

[Image: pcsx2plugins.th.jpg][Image: pcsx2cpu.th.jpg][Image: pcsx2advanced.th.jpg]

Newer versions of GSDX then r1426 work, but this one works best (fastest) for me.