green screen with vert. stripes in GOWII
I'm using the latest official version (1.2.1 I think). I played through the game years ago on the emu without any problems, though it was on a rented disc.
I recently got uncontrollably horny for Kratos so I told my grandfather to buy me the disc and he got it. It's a pal version for some reason though, here is what i could read on it that might be of relevance: SCES-54206 - I could provide some shots of the dvd box if necessary. I tried to play by inserting the disc and that's when I first encountered the problem. I then ripped the image but the problem persisted. I cross-examined the image statistics with the information here and everything matches - from the CRC to image size down to the last bit. My father told me it may have something to do with the invalid CRC and the emu isn't applying a fix because it thinks I have a pirated or modified copy. Here's the CRC though: e685fce4. I really don't know anything about that, but if it's really pirated, then the idiots really outdid themselves with the labels, the box art and all that *****, because it looks legit.
My father also gave me this link and told me to check for my crc there but I couldn't find it. So does that mean I have a crooked version of the game and my grandpa has been ***** over ?
Pls show me what to do I'm really desperate right now. One more thing I should note is that I bought the console along with most of my discs on ebay from some dude in the UK and I ripped the bios from it (which sadly I can't do again because it was destroyed when my father threw it at the blessed dog ) and when I installed it in the emu it read 'Europe'. Could this be the problem ? Because my friend's reads 'USA' 1.60 or something and he can run the game fine. Do you think it wise if I borrow the bios file from him ? Is there anything I can do? Thank you in advance.

Sponsored links

well, I don't really understand the most of your post. but your problem has a solution, just add a new line with the CRC of the game and the CRC hack will work for the following game and the green screen will be solved since that was actually fixed by a CRC hack.

(or) short way : just compile the following patch and you're good to go,
https://github.com/PCSX2/pcsx2/compare/m...h:patch-39
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
(07-23-2015, 08:30 AM)ssakash Wrote: well, I don't really understand the most of your post. but your problem has a solution, just add a new line with the CRC of the game and the CRC hack will work for the following game and the green screen will be solved since that was actually fixed by a CRC hack.

(or) short way : just compile the following patch and you're good to go,
https://github.com/PCSX2/pcsx2/compare/m...h:patch-39

Thank you my good sir, you are a godsend. I will immediately reply if it works.
Using Gsdx opengl (and thus getting added bonus of all special effects) will be a much better option.
@prafull: only if he has a Nvidia GPU that is.. fps gets butchered otherwise.
Sorry I double checked and Opengl still got lot of problems with GOW 2 so you better try the patch.
(07-23-2015, 09:06 AM)bankai Wrote: @prafull: only if he has a Nvidia GPU that is.. fps gets butchered otherwise.
It is a bit slower but not slow as a turtle. Speed impact will be less with upscaling (GPU will limit).

At least, it worths to test it.

Quote: Sorry I double checked and Opengl still got lot of problems with GOW 2 so you better try the patch.
Are you sure? IIRC, a guy test it successfully in GSdx1.0. Green screen with vertical stripes must be fixed (ofc in latest gsdx not the one from 1.2.1)
A little update. I was about to do what the guy with the Detective Conan avatar told me to do. So I loaded the game for the last time to take a screenshot and ask for further help in case the fix doesn't work, and to my incredulous amazement the game kind of... fixed itself. I ***** you not, I defecated a little in my pants too. No more green screen, no more vertical lines, everything is crispy but there is a double image issue which I think is the infamous ghosting glitch that i've heard about, but fortunately I read how to fix that in the wiki so no problem. I'm not very computer savvy so I don't know how that magically happened but i'm not complaining. Right now I'm just worried that it's some variety of the "what goes around cums around" problem that might or might not manifest itself some time later. Do you guys think I should still apply the CRC fix above for futureproof ?

Oh and it should help to mention all I did was yank the bios file out of the directory, put it back in and configured to load it in the bios menu. Nothing else.
(07-23-2015, 10:42 AM)tohS muC Wrote: Do you guys think I should still apply the CRC fix above for futureproof ?

if there are no noticeable issues, you don't really need to use the CRC patch.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
You probably booted the game with boot cdvd (full) the first time and boot cdvd (fast) the next time, so the hack got properly applied
[Image: newsig.jpg]