gsdx hardware mode problems part 2
Why am i making "part2" because the first one was closed before the problem was solved i tried to explain the situation to the guy who (probably) closed the thread but it's been 2 days and he didn't answer back so let's get started: i'm having problems with the hardware mode in gsdx the software mode works fine but obviously is much slower the hardware mode does render the graphics but it just shows me a black screen the wierd thing is that it does this only with the packed in plugin the gsdx plugin that can be found on the site and miseru99 custom plugin works fine in hardware mode but one is pixellated and has overbloom problems in some games and the other is glitchy as hell im running pcsx2 1.3.0 r 5875 on windows 7 home premium on a virtual machine on mac the VM can use the GPU here's my system specs CPU:Intel core i3 550 3.2 GHz GPU:ATI Radeon HD 5670 512 vram RAM:4gb ddr3 1333Mhz

Sponsored links

There really isn't anything you can do other than get something fast enough to run the software renderer.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
(05-18-2015, 10:03 PM)Nobbs66 Wrote: There really isn't anything you can do other than get something fast enough to run the software renderer.

Then why the other 2 plugins work with hw mode one of them is definetly up to date so there shouldn't be any problemi caused by the VM
We already told you your virtual GPU isnt supported by gsdx in hw mode. Just like old integrated GPUs.
If you can't understand this, there's nothing we can do for you.
Try doing the same with an old Intel g41 igpu, you'll get the exact same results.
Miseru's plugin is a specific hacked one, and based on an old gsdx version.
So, to sum it up again, you have 2 solutions :
- get a decent machine (or at least a decent GPU)
- play on your ps2

Clear enough ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(05-18-2015, 10:14 PM)jesalvein Wrote: We already told you your virtual GPU isnt supported by gsdx in hw mode. Just like old integrated GPUs.
If you can't understand this, there's nothing we can do for you.
Try doing the same with an old Intel g41 igpu, you'll get the exact same results.
Miseru's plugin is a specific hacked one, and based on an old gsdx version.
So, to sum it up again, you have 2 solutions :
- get a decent machine (or at least a decent GPU)
- play on your ps2

Clear enough ?

What about the plugin downlodable on the site is that outdated too? And besides there's no reason to be agressive
(05-19-2015, 06:13 AM)Razor96 Wrote: What about the plugin downlodable on the site is that outdated too? And besides there's no reason to be agressive

the plugins are up to date.
your gpu isn't
try downloading this version and check out whether hardware mode works (or) not. I'm pretty sure that it will work.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
(05-19-2015, 06:15 AM)jesalvein Wrote: the plugins are up to date.
your gpu isn't

This is really strange the packed in doesen't work but the downlodable one does so that raises my questione are the packed in some kinda of beta versions that are not out yet on the site or are they 2 completely different versions ?

(05-19-2015, 06:20 AM)ssakash Wrote: try downloading this version and check out whether hardware mode works (or) not. I'm pretty sure that it will work.

Mhh don't know about that one it's pretty old and probably it will run even worse but ill give it a shot later thanks
What is the "packed in" ?
What is the "downloadable" version ?

AFAIK, all versions are "downloadable"... Care to post links to what you have downloaded ?
(05-19-2015, 06:25 AM)jesalvein Wrote: What is the "packed in" ?
What is the "downloadable" version ?

AFAIK, all versions are "downloadable"... Care to post links to what you have downloaded ?

With packed in I mean the one that comes with the emulator. With downloadable one I mean these ones:
http://pcsx2.net/download/viewcategory/38-plugins.html