.hach//G.U. games slow down without any high cpu usage
hi Happy ...
just as the title says ...
I'm using the latest official svn (r3878) with the DEFAULT settings and GSdx-SSSE3 ...

in towns the fps is about 65 ...
but in dungeons the fps drops to 40fps and when i enter a battle it drops to 30fps ...
the cpu usage (EE Reading) is somewhere around 65% and the GPU Load is in somewhere around 45% (in native-2x-3x resolutions) ...
activating the speedhacks does NOT give any speed boost which is very odd ...

what really surprised me is that those games worked perfectly and with the expected cpu usge in PCSX2 0.9.7 (the first beta) and the biggest fps drop was in battles and it was around 75fps ...

i can't see where the problem is Blink ...

my specs :
Intel Core2Due E5400 @3.6GHz
ATI Radeon HD 4670 (on Stock Clock Speeds)
1GB DDR2 Ram

Sponsored links

G.U. runs better on newer SVNs, but it could be several factors causing slowdowns like that, esoecially f your CPU is much higher than mine is, there are little explinations.
PCSX2 settings? Plugin settings? What do the EE/GS% numbers say when you get the slowdowns?
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
@Saiki
it's supposed to run better, but i can't find any explanation for this ...
these abnormal slowdowns only happen with these 3 games ...

@Shadow Lady
(12-01-2010, 09:28 PM)astro_2010 Wrote: I'm using the latest official svn (r3878) with the DEFAULT settings and GSdx-SSSE3 ...

the cpu usage (EE Reading) is somewhere around 65% and the GPU Load is in somewhere around 45% (in native-2x-3x resolutions) ...
these readings ARE from the slowdowns times ...
and about the settings it's all the default ones without any single change, even without the speedhacks ...