.hack//G.U & .hack//infection playable
i tried several versions of pcsx pg to run this game and i found out that version 441 is running it without crashes. if its slow enable flush to zero in advanced under VU recs (gain about 5 fps). denormals are zero doesn't work, the surrounding gets black. haven't noticed any speed improvements with speed hacks.

this version of pg runs also naruto shippuuden accel 2 without any crashes or bugs.

.hack//infection (and the other 3 sequels) runs great on rev 626 but crashes on any newer version.

Sponsored links

It's been playable for a while now.
I've used 396_PPr471_pcsx2-vm finished .hack series + .hack//G.U. vol.1 & 2 undub(with VU Skip)
Current playing .hack//G.U. vol.3 undub without no major problem.
(02-08-2009, 07:03 AM)soar1229 Wrote: It's been playable for a while now.
I've used 396_PPr471_pcsx2-vm finished .hack series + .hack//G.U. vol.1 & 2 undub(with VU Skip)
Current playing .hack//G.U. vol.3 undub without no major problem.

my friend gave me vol.3 and i tried it out with 336_PPr471 but it crashes after all the animations are finished. can you please post which plugins you used and how you set pcsx2 up?

while using rev 441 in vol.1 the game crashed in the opening animation when there is an orange background the game char is being created...but after that there were no crashes except random crashes.

today i bought all 3 volumes of G.U. and i want to play trough them as soon as possible Biggrin
For Configuration, please refer to this post:
http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-2494-post...l#pid13720

For "crashed in the opening animation" in G.U.Vol.1, please disable IOP Sync Hack(x2)

I only had one crash when I played G.U.Vol.2. (At News animation for doll syndrome)

that's all I know^^
thanks for the reply...i'll try compiling rev 505 right away and while i'm at it i'll compile 471 as well because the rev from re4rainbow always crashes after the opening animation
PC specs:

E8500 OC @ 4.3GHz Ninja
2GB G.Skill @ 1066MHz
512MB ATI HD2600XT @ 800/2200MHz
[/color]
I got my file from re4rainbow, too.

For Speed Hacks: enable EE Sync Hack (X2) only
Hey guys i juts got the new version of Pcsx2 and i cant seem to get .Hack Infection to run smoothly. The game runs fine at first but when i first try to log into the World my Pcsx crashed while on the load screen. Any Ideas?
It's been answered a thousand times before, do a search. You need to use the latest released beta rev. 1888 which you can get from our site and enable microVU0 and microVU1 under Config->CPU
[Image: newsig.jpg]
btw i have very little experience with Emulation so if you could speak to me like im 5 years old, i would much appreciate it
sorry man this im new to this forum thank you for the help though
(01-03-2010, 09:08 PM)GhostOfVonnegut Wrote: btw i have very little experience with Emulation so if you could speak to me like im 5 years old, i would much appreciate it
sorry man this im new to this forum thank you for the help though

I remember how you feel, I was in the same situation about half a year ago. This is the way to go: Download the newest beta of PCSX2 here: http://forums.pcsx2.net/forum-71.html
Download the one with the installer, as recommended. And I advise you to download the "PCSX2 Beta Plugins 30th December 2009" as well. Newer plugins can make a big difference, but sometimes be buggy though. I myself am using them and they work just fine for me. Just copy the .dll's in the plugins folder of PCSX2 after the installation of it.

Now start PCSX2 and configure your plugins. Which ones are best might depend to the game, but you always drive good with GSDX as graphics-plugin. If you have DirectX 10 or higher, you should also select DirectX 10 as renderer. The rest might vary, I always liked SPU2-X for sound, but this might depend as well. I don't know exactly, I'm not owning that many games^^.

Now, click "configure" and then "Cpu". There, you should tick microVU0 and microVU1. Now you're using microVU. It might be a bit slower, but is more compatible. Now it should work, if I read that right.
Rejoice, they say. Color is back.