.hack GU black/white screen on startup
I have a problem with my .hack//GU Vol. 1 Rebirth on the pscx2-r1888. On gamestart (after the PS2 intro) the screen turns black and white, dependent on the color in the background from the startup-video. I can hear the video play and after that I can control the menucursor (I can hear the sound of changing menupoint). But the screen stays black even if I select a menupoint like for a new game.

actve plugins:
ZeroGS 0.97.1 in Default (with GSdx it makes a windows-error with only "close Programm" as option)
SPU2-X 1.2.0 Linear; DirectSound and 160ms Latency
Linuz iso 0.9.0
LilyPad svn 0.10.0

System:
Windows 7 Professionell x64
Intel Pentium Dual CPU E2160 @1,8GHz
NVidea Geforce 8800GTS
4GB RAM

.hack//Infections runs fine on my system and in normal speed with some speedhacks and AA x4. But GU dont show me anything, even with default values on every plugin and option.

Sponsored links

//gu requires using GSDx unless I'm very much mistaken.

Can you give a picture of the error message when using gsdx?
[Image: 2748844.png]
It is the standard error message from windows when the program not responds. where you can choose between searching online for solution or close the programm.
it occures with every version of the plugin (SSE2 and SSSE3; SSE41 is not supportet by my cpu)

EDIT
i used DX10, with DX9 it runs but keep total black even in the PS2 Intro
For you reference, I finished .hack/gu 1-3 last week. I used beta r1888, sse2 dx10, native resolution, microvu0/1 on, and some speedhacks. Instead of using the dvdrom plugin, I used the internal iso loader, so you may want to give it a try. The only problem I found was just the first few seconds of the screen blinking(not really a problem), and in .hack/gu 2 there was one video worked only the first few seconds and then crashed pcsx2(I skipped that video during the first few seconds, could be just a bad iso). Other than that those the game runs fine.
AMD Athlon II 245 @ 3.55ghz, 9600GT @730mhz 1115mhz, vista sp2 32bit
@CKL: At first, thanks for the help. I have tryed it with your configuration (dx10 hardware) and the internal ISO Loader, but the same error occured. Cann I ask about your System? I am afraid if my CPU is too old for the dx10 Plugin. Or my System-dlls for dx10 are corrupt. Can someone tell, whrere I can get them?
(11-01-2009, 10:13 PM)Falkentavio Wrote: @CKL: At first, thanks for the help. I have tryed it with your configuration (dx10 hardware) and the internal ISO Loader, but the same error occured. Cann I ask about your System? I am afraid if my CPU is too old for the dx10 Plugin. Or my System-dlls for dx10 are corrupt. Can someone tell, whrere I can get them?

my spec:
amd [email protected]
9600gt
vista 32bit

My gsdx version used was 1873, dx10 and uncheck allow 8-bit, wait Vsync, and blur effect

I suggest you to check if you have the most updated directx 10, or basically update your directx if you're not sure. Also, you have a 64bit systerm, and that may make a difference which I am not sure since I don't have one to test with. If you have other games, you may want to try and see if those work. If those games work under the dx10 setting, your directx is fine which means your problem is caused by something else.
AMD Athlon II 245 @ 3.55ghz, 9600GT @730mhz 1115mhz, vista sp2 32bit
Thanks for your Help, it was the old directx. I thought Windows 7 has all dx-updates included (because really new Windows-OS) but with the End-User-Runtime he downloaded even some updates from 2008. Now the gsdx-plugin runs with dx10.
Thanks for all the Help!