.hack//mutation problem
I finished Infection on pcsx2 from around 5hours(where i left off before my ps2 broke). Thought i go ahead and play through Mutation, but can't even get the game to start...;_;.. Just sits at a black screen, like it seems it's going to load but dips down to 40fps on the black screen and just sits there.

There a fix or maybe something i need to change a setting or two on pcsx2?. Still using the same settings i had for infection.
Using the latest beta/beta plugins.

Sponsored links

What PC specs? What settings? Any error in the console output window?
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
I remember that when I played hack imoq on pc i had to use old svns because newer ones broke those games.
@Above- Hm.. Infection ran fine/smooth for me no problems/slowdowns except for the shadow problem with it.

Phenom II x2 @ 3.5GHz, DDR3 ATI 4650 oc'd a bit.
CPU settings=Everything on the left checked
Frame limiting- Limited

Speed Hacks=
EE Sync- Default
EE misc- all three of them checked
Vector Unit- Just status flag

Advanced=
EE Recs
Round Mode- Chop/Zero

Clamp Mode- Normal
Flush to Zero and Denormals are Zero Checked
VU Rec
Round Mode- Chop/Zero
Nothing on Clamp mode
Flush to Zero and Denormals are Zero Checked

And two Gamefixes checked (Tri-ace and Persona)
Oh, and no errors i'm seeing in console.
(05-15-2010, 10:21 PM)silent420 Wrote: Just sits at a black screen, like it seems it's going to load but dips down to 40fps on the black screen and just sits there.

Have you tried waiting a few minutes? I remember I thought Infection was broken because the screen stayed black in the starting movie (at the very start where it shows Bandai) but the fps was working. It turned out the black before showing the involved company logos was like 5 seconds long and the 30fps was making it 10 seconds. Try waiting a minute or two and see if anything happens.
(05-16-2010, 12:31 AM)Zanoab Wrote: Have you tried waiting a few minutes? I remember I thought Infection was broken because the screen stayed black in the starting movie (at the very start where it shows Bandai) but the fps was working. It turned out the black before showing the involved company logos was like 5 seconds long and the 30fps was making it 10 seconds. Try waiting a minute or two and see if anything happens.
Yeah, waited for about 10 or so mins while browsing the net.
Has anyone found out how to fix this? I'm having the same problem. The emu loads up and displays the ps2 logo and then black screen. I have the newest beta and everything checks out on my computer specs. I even just finished playing Infection perfectly. Help??
The game should run fine at default setting, and I never had such a problem when I played mine. Set everything back to default, Turn off all your speedhacks and gamefixes and try again. Assuming you have both microVU on, you should be able to start the game. Otherwise, post all your settings you use to play the game.
AMD Athlon II 245 @ 3.55ghz, 9600GT @730mhz 1115mhz, vista sp2 32bit
i use the pal version of hack mutation that is multi5
and i use the pcsx2 0.9.7 svn 3053
and the game works perfect !!!