.hack series crash in all games
(03-07-2009, 06:48 PM)stpdrgstr Wrote:
(02-13-2009, 09:44 AM)aarelovich Wrote: Hi:

I'm using the latest Beta playground r478 and I still have that problem.

So unless the problem is back and I need to wait for another release, is there some special option to check or something to make the game work?

Thanks for any help

Use 0.9.6. The three games are working like a charm. No more bugged mouths. I have yet to edit the Bug Report topic, as there is one than another bug. One I know for certain is the emulator, and seems Clamp modes are involved. Others are graphical glitches that get sorted with software mode instead of hardware mode (as for example, shadows are almost non-existant in hardware mode).

Does what you said go for .Hack//INFECTION too?

Sponsored links

I don't know, I don't have the first four games... yet Tongue2. The best way to know is to test, you people should test games, always asking will not get you anywhere.
Ah, I hope there's a way to get INFECTION working. It crashes upon entering the world in 0.9.6 also.
Did you try messing with advanced options? Did you have any speedhacks on?
(03-07-2009, 06:55 PM)stpdrgstr Wrote: Did you try messing with advanced options? Did you have any speedhacks on?

Unless speed hacks were on by default, no. And Im not sure what to do with advanced options.
Excuse me for double post; i'm not sure how far I can get, but the crash is fixed! Advanced Options + Speed Hack did it. Lemme see if it works 100%, i'll edit and post the options if I get a decent ways in.

So far so good, I just bought this game, and my TV crapped out (OLD TV) so I grabbed the emulator. Haha

Edit:

Okay, I can get to Party Invite, and party invite works. I stopped there to see if it works without speedhack, and it does.

Graphics Plugin:
Windowed
Hardware
Pixel Shader 2.0
then the rest are default

CPU:
Frame Skip On

Speed-Hacks:
Use 2x Cycle Rate
INTC Speed Hack

Advanced:
Round Mode: Positive
Clamp: Extra + Preserve Sign
Flush to Zero
Denormals are Zero
Yeah

I have tried all four games, played them for a while and they seem to work for a couple of versions now.
Ok, bug is currently solved. Closed and moved to general discussion for reference