.hack series crash in all games
Krakatos said about posting on buggy / crashing games, so I`m just reporting these games just so that the issue is known about, and hopefully fixed someday.

# Playground version: playground ppr417
# Cpu eerec on, vurec0 and vurec1 on, MTGS on
# Plugins used: Gsdx 0.1.12, ZeroSPU2 0.46
# Description: Other than some minor sps issues in the opening intro, the game runs flawlessly at first. You start a new game, enter the name for your character, check the news on the net then your emails (in the game), then when you attempt to login to "The World" (the mmo within the game itself) the emulator crashes. The sps and crashes have occured on every single last version of pcsx2 and playground.

Also when I said "games" I mean the entire .hack series (Infection, Mutation, Outbreak and Quarantine). Occurs in all 4 games at the exact same spot. Not to be confused with the "Dot Hack GU" games which followed on from the 4 mentioned. Also note that it is the PAL versions of these games that have tested only, except in the case of Outbreak where only the NTSC version (due to annoying ebay) has been tested but still the same crash occurs in the exact same place.

With this post I have included a screenshot of the minor sps issues that occur in the intro + one when the crash occurs. If any further information is required to help resolve the issues with this game feel free to ask.

[edit]
For testings sake whilst typing up this post I tested ZeroGS Kosmos 0.97.1 and switched the sound plugin to SPU2ghz and tried with and without hacks on, and this made no difference at all. Still crashes in the same places. The sound is more accurate in SPU2ghz though.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Old habits die hard - System Shock

Sponsored links

Let's ignore the torrent icon there for a second and address the issue.

I had no SPS with my NTSC version. Everything was crystal clear, but it crashes at the same point as yours. Ref had reported on this a few times, it has to do with the CDVD break error you should see. I can't quite remember, but I remember Ref saying it was protected or something, not quite sure. If it is indeed protection though - (Games like VP) a work around may not be found, due to the only way around such a problem would to somehow patch the ISO, I'd imagine(and that would be illegal)

Again, I'm speaking from memory and I might not even be right.
|| Core i7 8700K @ 5.0GHZ || Gigabyte AUROS 1080 Ti 11GB @ 2050MHZ/12GHZ Memory || 32GB DDR4 @ 3000MHZ || 1TB Samsung Evo 850 SSD + 128GB 830 SSD || 4TB HDD + 1TB HDD || Windows 10 64-bit Professional || EVGA G3 850w PSU || MB: Z370 AORUS Gaming 5 ||
The torrent icon wasn`t ps2 related. Can take a photo of my box of the game if you think its not a legitimate one. Was downloading the remixed street fighter 2 Turbo music soundtrack from ocremix.org for your information Tongue2. Assuming is the root of all evil.

And thx for the info. Strange the pics disapeared from view in the 1st post after I added a line of text to it. And yet they still show up as attached to the post.
Ok edited this one, and deleted the other. And yes, no known solutions at the moment

Now, one thing. As said, we do want bug reports even of known bugs. It's still useful having them pointed out here. Next time though.. well, create a thread for each game Tongue . I will leave this thread like this because of the circumstances (same game serie, all of them work exactly till the same point), but keep that in mind Smile We still prefer a different threads for each game in general
My apologies didn`t think of that. If I come across any similar things in future will create a separate thread per game.
As I said, no problem, since it's a first. Just keep it in mind Tongue
krakatos:
in this case, i think it was better to just have 1 thread, instead of 4+ other threads for the different games.
since i think they all use the same engine and have the same problems. (.hack games are basically just 1-big game in 4 parts; done to steal our money! Tongue2)

hockland:
for the SPS, does that happen only on playground? if so, have you tried playing with FPU Overflow Check hacks?
i've seen a similar SPS in other games that were fixed with different FPU overflow hacks.

(12-13-2008, 04:21 PM)Mkilbride Wrote: Let's ignore the torrent icon there for a second and address the issue.

lets not go witch-hunting here.
there's no point in doing so.
(12-14-2008, 12:46 AM)cottonvibes Wrote: hockland:
for the SPS, does that happen only on playground? if so, have you tried playing with FPU Overflow Check hacks?
i've seen a similar SPS in other games that were fixed with different FPU overflow hacks.

Occurs in all versions of pcsx2. Just did a quick test then. Tried playing the game with the extra overflow hacks enabled (greyed) and that made no difference.

I also tried the various settings in the advanced settings and that made no difference either.

In the intro it occurs for roughly 2-3 seconds of it, then runs totally fine after. I suspect there is more of it to be seen in the game itself, if the crash bug is ever fixed.
yeah maybe.
thanks for testing that out though.
No problem. Always happy to assist where I can.