hello, a couple beginner's questions....
First my specs:

i5 2500k @ 3.3ghz
8gb ram
rev 5331 and 0.9.8 latest stable release

games tested on: Jak 1, Kingdom Hearts 1

1) I tried out the custom internal resolution within the plugin settings. I first tried my screen's original resolution, 1920x1080 to see if I even COULD handle higher resolutions. But then pcsx2 crashes for some reason. I tried this on 5331 and the latest stable revision on pcsx2's own site. I tried higher resolutions too, but obviously they wouldn't work if 1080 didn't work.

And before you ask, I was able to run both games on 6x the native resolution at 60 fps no problem. I don't get why I'm crashing with the internal res though.

2) I know that speed hacks can "harm" your game, but is this permanent damage to the game's ISO file, or does it just mean temporary damage while the hacks are turned on?

Sponsored links

1920x1080 shouldn't crash, its still lower 4x res
yeah, it seems any time I use custom resolution (even if my card can handle it), the emulator crashes. Is there any way to check the program log after the crash? Because it seems to reset every time.
find emulog.txt
(07-06-2012, 08:18 AM)hi_polymer Wrote: 2) I know that speed hacks can "harm" your game, but is this permanent damage to the game's ISO file, or does it just mean temporary damage while the hacks are turned on?

as nobody has answered this yet i shall.

Speedhacks just stop the emulation working correctly, it will have no effect on the actual game disc, iso or not.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

[Image: SZFXW.png]

is this what you requested?
Another question (only answer if you have a really good setup/ CPU speed): Do most of you guys use the two main speedhacks in the settings even though you have good computers? For Jak 1, I use Preset #4 and I still get lag as the game ranges from 50-60 fps. Do most of you constantly get 60 fps with games like Jak series, Gran Turismo series, MGS series, and other ps2 games that require really good computers?
wow talk about descrimination here..... jk xD

Even with a "bad" computer i can say this to you, jak is a very demand game, GT is = hard, and mgs in some parts u gonna have some drops, sotc is other game that is hard to emulate, like those u can find a couple more that are gonna be hard to emulate at 60fps.

Use the search function and check for those games that u wanna play, pretty sure that u can find a lot of post with settings and recommendations.
The best suggestion is using ps2 console to play.
Bug 
(07-09-2012, 01:30 AM)kamwah99 Wrote: The best suggestion is using ps2 console to play.
not really a suggestion for someone that looking for help with the emulator....