hello need help
i already install the pcsx2 properly but im still having problems with it.
all the config is set to the following guide here.
but i still have spike lag.
and my pc is amd athlon dual core
2mb memory
2500 MHZ.

can some one help me plz.

Sponsored links

which game ?
plugins settings ?
pcsx2 version ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Wrong section, moved.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
Quote:amd athlon dual core 2500mhz
someone should make a sticky or a page that would show up before entering forum that would say "YOU WONT GET GOOD SPEEDS WITH OLD ATHLONS! IF YOU WANT TO WHINE ABOUT SLOW SPEED AND YOU HAVE OLD ATHLON, GO AWAY!" ^_^
Check my profile for hardware/software and games i played on PCSX2.
I do get good speeds on many games with an old athlon dual core 2.5 Ghz
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(09-26-2009, 12:46 AM)nataq01 Wrote:
Quote:amd athlon dual core 2500mhz
someone should make a sticky or a page that would show up before entering forum that would say "YOU WONT GET GOOD SPEEDS WITH OLD ATHLONS! IF YOU WANT TO WHINE ABOUT SLOW SPEED AND YOU HAVE OLD ATHLON, GO AWAY!" ^_^

Why the generalization? I could play FFX and FFX-2 with very good speeds on a X2 4200+ (2.2GHz)

@bossman: What game is it you're trying to play? What is your graphcios card? what is your current pcsx2 settings?

Try the latest beta it's usually faster and enable some speedhacks on it, specially "x2 cycle rate" and "vu cycle stealing" set to moderate could bring a big boost in most games:
http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-3716.html
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
ahm all games is slow for me.
and my athlon version is not old.
athlon ™64x2 dual core
nvidea geforce 8500GT
2046 MB ram
thats it.
and my pcsx version is 0.9.6
with all due respect, i dont belive anyone who says he was able to play anything that is 3d with good speeds with any Athlon 64 x2, i had 5600+ oc'ed to 3.1ghz, its true you sometimes can get full speeds, but avarage 50-80% with droppdowns to 1% isint playable in my opinion.
playable = 100% all the time or with occasional drop downs to 80%, anything below 80% is unplayable due to slownes and sound glitches. ANd he have 2500mhz, thats much slower, i doubt he will be able to finish any game except for 2d sRPG's with it. You may send him to newest betas or tell him to use speedhacks but good fps wont just magicaly happen on slow cpu.

Also his GPU is so slow that it wont even give his CPU chance to be a bottleneck, sorry bro, truth is harsh, no emulation for you.

last time i used that CPU on some 16xx revision of pcsx2.
Check my profile for hardware/software and games i played on PCSX2.
so u mean i cant play the emulation?
is there any fix to play this without no problem?
and i download the beta too and it has a error.
nataq: I played quite a few PS2 games at full speed with my 5000 clocked at 2.9ghz... I don't think it's a problem with your opinion, but how you're expressing it. If answering peoples questions on here gets you frustrated, maybe you shouldn't bother replying?

If you come off as rude to members, especially new ones you'll either scare them off start unnecessary strife.
[Image: 2748844.png]