help a new user
Another important matter is what PS2 game do you wish to emulate? Some games require intensive, serious-grade hardware while others don't need as much. If you can list out the games you intend to play, then maybe we can tailor your choice.
PC Specs:
PC: HP Omen 15 dc-0051nr laptop
CPU: Intel i7-8750H (2.2 GHz up to 4.1 GHz)
RAM: 16 GB
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 Notebook (6 GB)
Storage: 256 SSD PCi NV M.2+1 TB HDD
Need the latest GIT/development build? Click here!

Sponsored links

I know about the memory issue and that is why i choose 3200mhz memory, would you recommend to go even faster ?

From what i read here i wont limit myself with this system besides not having a gpu wich i can buy later if I feel the need for it.

The pc is going to be passive cooled so I dont see myself getting a better card than 1050ti Smile
Wait I swore that the Vega 56/64 chips also had a name **** 10 and 11 just like with Polaris. Oh well if I'm wrong I'm wrong Tongue
(03-12-2019, 06:43 AM)gtgamer468 Wrote: Another important matter is what PS2 game do you wish to emulate? Some games require intensive, serious-grade hardware while others don't need as much. If you can list out the games you intend to play, then maybe we can tailor your choice.

I am gonna play the gran turismo series 1-4 (6 if it can handle that)
The fifa series
Tekken 3
crash bandicoot series
burnout (i think it was 3)
fifa street series
nhl series
nfl series
Never tried the forza series on xbox so that would be nice to try too
If it is possible it could also be cool to be able to play those singing, dancing and guitaring games that were available with the family.
I also want to introduce the super mario series to my kids, the games i spend most time on for sure.
The pokemon series could be fun to try again.
I dont remember the names but the nes had some fun car games

Can i emulate the wii console ?

I think that is more or less it
Wii is pretty easy to emulate since Dolphin works well with Ryzen and also has a very good directX 11 and Vulkan renderer. You will probably still be limited to 720p (2x) to maybe 1080p (3x) on the iGPU.

Singing\dancing\guitar based games will have some issues since I don't know of an emulator that really handles the special controllers or cameras needed well, I may be wrong on this since I have not attempted to emulate anything other then some of the DDR games in a while.

For GPU performance it won't really help that much having faster then 3200 RAM since most of the performance loss will be from not having direct access to the memory and having to go through memory controller instead. Add in that GDDR is designed differently from DDR, DDR is built for latency GDDR is built to move large sets of data (bandwidth) in and out of the framebuffer and there is only so much faster RAM can do. Though the 3200 RAM will help Ryzen since it likes nice fast low latency RAM for it to work at it's best.
So it is possible to handle the standard wii controllers ?
oh i was just reading about the dolphin thing, it sounds easy to do Smile
Anyways, out of all of the games you listed out, Gran Turismo 3 and especially 4 requires a high- end GPU. You could opt in for a 1050Ti, but I get better performance with  a 1060. If you want to increase graphics quality, then a 1070 should be fine. If there is an Xbox emulator, then I'm gonna assume that Forza would also need a similar GPU.
PC Specs:
PC: HP Omen 15 dc-0051nr laptop
CPU: Intel i7-8750H (2.2 GHz up to 4.1 GHz)
RAM: 16 GB
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 Notebook (6 GB)
Storage: 256 SSD PCi NV M.2+1 TB HDD
Need the latest GIT/development build? Click here!
https://wiki.pcsx2.net/Gran_Turismo_4

Looks like others dont require high end hardware for that
(03-13-2019, 09:10 AM)jalabert Wrote: https://wiki.pcsx2.net/Gran_Turismo_4

Looks like others dont require high end hardware for that

depends on how much you want to increase internal res.
I play it @2x native with my 750Ti without any problem.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go