help in upgrading the pc...
hey,how its going?. i would like to play games in my pc,i know how to do it.but its not so the way i like. so,i ask it the another way around,what gpu i have to buy in order to play most games at x3/x4 res? my specs:

cpu: AMD phenom II x6 1100T 3.30 GHz
gpu: nvidia GT 730 1GB [128 bit,ddr3]
motherboard: GA-990XA-UD3
ram: 8 gb [1x4GB and 2x2GB, both 1333 mhz]
PSU: huntkey v-power 450W-max 550W
storage: WD 500 GB 7200 RPM

about the psu,i dont know if it a generic psu,for what i searched its not but i didnt hear about it.
in general,i would like to upgrade the gpu,and if its needed then maybe the psu.i dont like to change the cpu because ill have to get a new one along with a motherboard maybe. i would like to play many things [many of them are emulation,the other is games of pc..the news one].i dont like something very expensive.and if i dont have to change the psu its better but like i said,if its required ill change it. my max [spending] its 500$ including the psu maybe. my thoughts are:
-sapphire r7 260x 2GB GDDR5 oc
-gigabyte r9 270x 2GB GDDR5 oc
-asus geforce gtx 750ti 2GB GDDR5 oc
it can be anything,as long it not too expensive.
another question,my cpu is good or bad in terms of emulation? maybe old? if so,to which cpu change? i think the fx 6300 it good,i prefer the amd because its more cheap.

i hope you can help me,thanks in advance!

Sponsored links

A 270X and a fx-6300 will be a great upgrade from your current pc. Yes, your current processor wouldn't do good at emulating higher demanding games.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
what are those "higher demanding games"? is there some list?. the current cpu i have will do well? if i have to cancel the option of playing in ultra mode then yes.but from what i read the problem is more oriented in gpus. the cpu have 6 cores running at 3.30 GHz..maybe oc itll help? what about the sapphire r7 260x? its not so good? or the gigabyte r9 270x is more good in terms of price/power? sorry for too many questions,but id like to be sure enough. thanks!
(04-19-2015, 07:30 PM)Z//B Wrote: what are those "higher demanding games"? is there some list?. the current cpu i have will do well?

The Most CPU-Intensive Games
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-LIST-The-...sive-Games

The Most GPU-Intensive Games
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-LIST-The-...sive-Games

And for the flip-side:
Games that don't need a strong CPU to emulate!
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-LIST-Game...to-emulate

(04-19-2015, 07:30 PM)Z//B Wrote: if i have to cancel the option of playing in ultra mode then yes.but from what i read the problem is more oriented in gpus. the cpu have 6 cores running at 3.30 GHz..maybe oc itll help? what about the sapphire r7 260x? its not so good? or the gigabyte r9 270x is more good in terms of price/power? sorry for too many questions,but id like to be sure enough. thanks!

The GPU you selected will be fine at least at 2x (maybe higher on some games) but I dont know of any games you wont be able to play at 2 x. Hell my onboard Intel IGP handled DQ8 at native (1x) without issue and DQ8 is VERY GPU damanding.

As far as the CPU, it really depends on the settings and whether the game handled MTU/MTVU well. That is where you will get a performance boost
Intel Core i5-8600K @ 4.5 GHz
GeForce GTX 1080 SC2 Stock
ASRock Z370 Taichi LGA 1151 mobo
CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 16GB 2400 DDR4 RAM
SAMSUNG 970 EVO M.2 2280 500GB PCIe SSD
Indigo Xtreme Thermal Interface Material
Phanteks Enthoo Pro ES614P Black Steel Case
EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 220-G2-0750-XR PSU
Windows 10 64-bit
(04-19-2015, 07:30 PM)Z//B Wrote: what are those "higher demanding games"? is there some list?. the current cpu i have will do well? if i have to cancel the option of playing in ultra mode then yes.but from what i read the problem is more oriented in gpus. the cpu have 6 cores running at 3.30 GHz..maybe oc itll help? what about the sapphire r7 260x? its not so good? or the gigabyte r9 270x is more good in terms of price/power? sorry for too many questions,but id like to be sure enough. thanks!

The CPU is generally more important, but in this case a new GPU would help too.

Grab a good cooler(like a 212 evo) and try to get that phenom to 4GHz. That would help a lot.

And a 260x or 750 Ti level card is plenty for pcsx2.
Much better for pc games too.
I'd upgrade your GPU first. Your CPU seems okay enough for PCSX2.
Moe: [to Homer] And I'm pulling your favorite song out of the jukebox.
Homer: "It's Raining Men"?!
Moe: Yeah, not no more, it ain't. [throws the record out the window which lands into Smithers' car]
Smithers: Ow! [looks at the record] Ohhh.

what would ;e; do
I don't think so, the GDDR5 version of GT-730 is quite enough for 3-4X native on most games. upgrading the CPU would be better.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
(04-19-2015, 06:56 PM)Z//B Wrote: gpu: nvidia GT 730 1GB [128 bit,ddr3]
[128 bit,ddr3]
[128 bit,ddr3]
[128 bit,ddr3]

(04-20-2015, 04:06 PM)ssakash Wrote: I don't think so, the GDDR5 version of GT-730 is quite enough for 3-4X native on most games. upgrading the CPU would be better.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(04-20-2015, 04:06 PM)ssakash Wrote: I don't think so, the GDDR5 version of GT-730 is quite enough for 3-4X native on most games. upgrading the CPU would be better.

[128 bit,ddr3]

Yeah no dice.
Moe: [to Homer] And I'm pulling your favorite song out of the jukebox.
Homer: "It's Raining Men"?!
Moe: Yeah, not no more, it ain't. [throws the record out the window which lands into Smithers' car]
Smithers: Ow! [looks at the record] Ohhh.

what would ;e; do
They exist, but it's a 64 bit bus and that's just awful. I could never recommend the gt 730
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]