help needed with Battle Gear 3 black screen
I have pcsx2 0.9.8 4600 up and running and most iso´s I tried worked.
Apparantly Battle Gear 3 is one of those ps2 games that doesn´t like to be emulated. But, I have seen lots of videos on youtube of it being emulated. I have even seen asian threads with almost complete settings and plugins for this game to be used in pcsx2. I tried them, but Battle Gear 3 still does not run. Or more specifically. a black screen and no sound. I get around 50 fps and I get no errors in the status screen
Sega Rally Championship 1995 is another game that also black screens.
What are typical solutions of games black screening?
I am not specifically looking for optimization of speed or graphics. I just want to get an image other than a black screen.
My goal is to find a 16:9 hack for Battle Gear 3 with pcsx2 in combination with wide screen helper and cheat engine then either hex edit the iso or use codebreaker on a real ps2.
I have read the official guide as well, but I did not find any solution to this particular problem. I would be much obliged if you can even help me the slightest.

Status Logging:

Opening CDVD
isoFile open ok: C:\Documents and Settings\D. Wolthers\Bureaublad\bg3.iso
Image type = CD
Fileparts = 1
* CDVD Disk Open: CD, 1 tracks (1 to 1):
* * Track 1: Data (Mode 1) (247872 sectors)
Opening USB
Opening FW
Opening DEV9
McdSlot 0: C:\Documents and Settings\D. Wolthers\Mijn documenten\PCSX2\memcards\Mcd001.ps2
McdSlot 1: C:\Documents and Settings\D. Wolthers\Mijn documenten\PCSX2\memcards\Mcd002.ps2
Plugins opened successfully.
Bios Found: USA v01.60(07/02/2002) Console
BIOS rom1 module not found, skipping...
BIOS rom2 module not found, skipping...
BIOS erom module not found, skipping...
(SYSTEM.CNF) Detected PS2 Disc = cdrom0:\SLPM_654.34;1
(SYSTEM.CNF) Software version = 1.02
(SYSTEM.CNF) Disc region type = NTSC
ELF (cdrom0:\SLPM_654.34;1) Game CRC = 0x880F9FEF, EntryPoint = 0x00100008
(SYSTEM.CNF) Detected PS2 Disc = cdrom0:\SLPM_654.34;1
(SYSTEM.CNF) Software version = 1.02
(SYSTEM.CNF) Disc region type = NTSC

Sponsored links

Try:

1. Disable all speedhacks
2. Set EE/IOP and VU Clamp modes to any other settings available
3. Set your recompiler to superVU instead of microVU
(06-11-2012, 05:00 PM)Archerko Wrote: Try:

1. Disable all speedhacks
2. Set EE/IOP and VU Clamp modes to any other settings available
3. Set your recompiler to superVU instead of microVU
Wow, thanks for the quick reply. Tried your recommended settings, still black screen.
Already tried setting your EE/IOP at Full and VU at Extra+Preserve Sign?
if you press F9 after it starts booting, does everything appear?
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(06-11-2012, 05:08 PM)Archerko Wrote: Already tried setting your EE/IOP at Full and VU at Extra+Preserve Sign?
Tried it, no luck

(06-11-2012, 05:11 PM)refraction Wrote: if you press F9 after it starts booting, does everything appear?
Tried it, no luck. (Love the avatar, played it on the Amiga, a really good conversion)

No video, no audio
These were the sites I found which should hold the secret I am looking for. Maybe I should really try the exact version that these guys have had succes with
The guy in link you posted used hacked GSdx plugin, which is not supported here...
did you try to download the latest svn here: http://pcsx2.net/download/development/svn.html
(06-11-2012, 06:00 PM)jinkazama2k7 Wrote: did you try to download the latest svn here: http://pcsx2.net/download/development/svn.html
Just tried pcsx2-5288-windows-x86. Same results. So I probably need a hacked gsdx?Huh....
(06-11-2012, 08:23 PM)d123456 Wrote: Just tried pcsx2-5288-windows-x86. Same results. So I probably need a hacked gsdx?

Nope, you just need to wait for an unknown amount amount of time until that game becomes playable for PCSX2.
Frankly, it's not even in the compatibility list Tongue