help pc crashing when play pcsx2 today
I just installd pcsx2 1.0 on my pc 2 days ago I played ki gdom hearts for 3-4 hours straight last night no issues . But after work tonight I tryed and after playing for a couple minuites I got blue screen pc crash...when I restarted pc and tried again same thing happend the inly setting I remeber changing was resolution from 1920x1080 to nativex6 game runs very smoth regardless I am using ps3 controller with motionjoy ds3 tool....pc specs are amdfx8350 4ghz gtx 660 and 16gb ram the game ran very smooth usually...any help thanks

Sponsored links

that's driver-based, and how long ago did you use motionjoy?
Bsod i guss. Can you able to post emu log.
Core i3 9100f 3.6Ghz
RAM=8GB
nvidia GT 1030
pcsx2 version-1.3.1  
BSOD sounds like an unstable driver or possible heat-related problem. Heat problem seems possible with AMD's monster 8 core heat generator.
OS: Linux Mint 17.2 64 bit (occasional Antergos/Arch user)
(I am no longer a Windows user)
CPU: Intel Pentium G3258
GPU: Nvidia GTX 650 Ti

(09-09-2013, 05:17 PM)DaTankAC Wrote: BSOD sounds like an unstable driver or possible heat-related problem. Heat problem seems possible with AMD's monster 8 core heat generator.

yes it could be
run gpu-z (the link is in my sig) and post a screenshot
also try http://www.cpuid.com/downloads/hwmonitor/1.23.zip (it doesn't need installing) and post what it says
Not sure what graphics card you have, it's memory bandwidth,
it's temperature, fan speed, what pixel shader it has
try TechPowerUp's gpu-z

Not sure what your cpu is try cpu-z
       (hint click on the highlighted links Biggrin)
ok dont know if thats the screenshot you wanted...and i used motionjoy everytime i play pcsx2 i will try run it fpor a bit without motionjoy mayb and see if it still crashes, i updated my video driver and have had game running without a crash with no motionjoy i am starting to think its somethin wrong with the motionjoy and ps3 controller that causing driver crash? i need to use the controller though =[

Attached Files
.bmp   rsz_cpu-1406.bmp (Size: 270,28 KB / Downloads: 341)
I've had BSOD from motioninjoy, but never mid-game. It's only ever happened when enabling the driver, seems weird it would suddenly crash there.

As mentioned check your drivers. Specifically, upgrade your graphics drivers. After that, run some hardware monitoring programs and make sure your PC isn't over heating (CPU over 60c or GPU over 90c)
[Image: 2748844.png]
Hmm It must of been the motionjoy I pulled controller a bit to far and must of disconected it and my pc crashed...motionjoy known to effect drivers like that why it crashes pc I dont know I guess I should get a longer mini usb cord so I can play in bed without ripping it out and havn my pc crash....lol