help please?
hello everyone,i am having a problem running dragonquest VIII. the opening runs fine,but when i get to the part when you first get a chance to control the main character,i only get 19-23fps. my laptop should be able to handle it perfectly,at least i think it should...if anyone can give me any advice, i would really appreciate it.
ill list as much info about the laptop as i can:
operating system: windows 7 home premium(64bit) service pack 1
manufacturer : ASUSTeK computer inc
model: Asus notebook K52JU/K52JT series
processor: Intel core i7cpu Q740 @ 1.73Ghz
ram: 4.00gb
graphics card: amd radeon HD 6370M

Sponsored links

Quote:my laptop should be able to handle it perfectly
really ?
Quote: i7cpu Q740 @ 1.73Ghz
1.73ghz is slow for pcsx, unfortunately.
Try some speedhacks and latest SVN with MTVU hack enabled : http://buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/
It may help you
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
uhmm,i wasnt sure. thats why i put "i think" Ohmy

ahwww,really? darn :/ so besides that,there is nothing i can do to fix it?
and thanks for your help.
you can try what I just posted.
that said, what is your game version ?
(09-23-2011, 08:37 PM)Chris9966 Wrote: hello everyone,i am having a problem running dragonquest VIII.

graphics card: amd radeon HD 6370M

This will also be difficult.
Dragon Quest 8 is a rather GPU heavy game, and your laptop's GPU is a pretty weak one.

Be sure you're using a low internal res (i.e. Native), as well as jesalvein's advice. Smile
thanks to both of you!Laugh i assumed my laptop was pretty good because i was an i7, but i guess not ahaha.
uhmm,to jesalvein: i tried the different speedhacks, and it didnt work. it started getting like 30-32fps, but it is still too low to enjoy the gameplay, so i guess ill wait till i get a better laptop. and i dont know how to check the game version...do you mean the pcsx2 version that i have? Ohmy
and to rezard: woaa,really?! how can that be though.. i play guild wars, and it looks amazing on this laptop...huh..thats odd.. o.O but thanks man. it really helped alot Laugh
no, I mean your Game version : PAL/NTSC.
Have a look at the box. It should be written at the back.

And btw Guild wars is a native PC game. You can't compare it to emulation
You can download NVIDIA PhyX
(09-24-2011, 01:14 AM)Chris9966 Wrote: ... i tried the different speedhacks, and it didnt work.

That's probably because your GPU is bottlenecking.
(Unless you were not sure what you were doing, but that's what the Presets are for. Wink)

Did you set the internal resolution to Native yet? You may need to do that before Speedhacks would help.

(11-03-2011, 05:55 PM)khatrimann Wrote: You can download NVIDIA PhyX

Blink
That suggestion lacks purpose.
If nVidia's PhysX actually had something to do with PCSX2, I doubt it'd work with a Radeon...