help, why is my game lagging even though i have high specs....
I completely agree with you there. I've seen disabling HT improve FPS. That, and I think it may be the reason my i5-2500K out scores a i7-2600K on the benchmark for PCSX2. To think that one could spend an extra $100 for HT, only to benefit from turning it off...

Sponsored links

HT is better for other tasks but for normal usage I'd turn it off anyway, really depends on what the CPU is used for.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
I seem to be having the same problem with Sung251. I wanted to add that your comments are super helpful. I'm not sure if i understood everything as I'm a newb to emulators. I have come to believe that my computer just might not be up to the task (she is getting old). I have an HP Pavilion P6000, AMD Athlon II 640 Quad Core 3.0GHz, 4GB DDR3, ATI Radeon 4200 video card (i could not find pixal shader for this card). I keep standard visuals and aspect ratios, nothing fancy. Nosisab Ken Keleh was very helpful.

What I'm experiencing: Cut scenes and openings play beautiful (NTSC 30-40fps) but in game menus, characterizations, movement becomes sluggish; almost shutter like; too the point of unbearable. I keep standard and default settings. I have used the disable frame limiter to try to speed things up; Cut scenes and openings fly by and in game is still sluggish. I don't wish to mess with my clocks speed, as i'm not too comfortable with that at this time; but did check my power monitor witch was indeed high performance (found that damn screen saver that was plaguing me for months). This occurs when I play directly off my disks or use a dumped , it makes no difference.

I believe I located the problem; thanks to above sung251 comments; but how to fix them is still beyond me (for now; research is your friend). I've noticed my GS likes to tap out at 100%, it currently runs above 90 on most games with the EE between 20-40. When the problems occur, the GS always exceeds 100 (occurs in what you call heavy games). GS Settings: Disable Frame Unchecked, Base frame 100%, Slow Motion 50%, Turbo 200%; NTSC 59. PAL:50; Frame skipping disabled,nothing checked. Is there a way to lower this GS usage? Sorry, I'm a smart guy but I'm learning. ??Should not NTSC be set to 30.?? I run NTSC. (Off note: I've noticed this same problem with Dolphin)
Don't necropost.
[Insert Witty Sig Here.]
The most recent post in this thread is more than 8 months old. Please create a new thread and refrain from posting in threads older than 8 months in the future. Please also review the forum rules. Thank you.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go