help with particular games
first i would like to say that i hope this helps not just me but others too
and i know you guys cant answer them all but lets try to
and now for me

right now im try to play wild arms 3
im using pcsx2 0.9.7 r3878 and the plugins im using work well sound and video work well and fast
i have a windows xp with a 1g ram
the thing the game works well till one point
i start the game and goes well till the menu i go to new game theres a little tex problem where it covers part of yes in the "yes or no start a new game"thing but thats ok and started it up goes pretty good then lags a little daring "the train passing by" when it goes up close and you see the main character and it fades to black it freezes right there so if any one can please help i tried both my disc and an iso (to see if it was a disc problem) and both seem to freeze at the same place
p.s. this is my first post so im sorry if theres something wrong

Sponsored links

Although must leave the actual game issue to someone who played it. You can speed up the answers posting beforehand your actual machine specs, speedhacks used, pluging configuration, etc.

Saying the OS is XP helps indeed but "suggest" the machine can be old and not enough to run most games, too.
Imagination is where we are truly real
well if thats so then heres more detail
Microsoft windows XP
home edition
version 2002
service pack 3
Acer
inter[R]Atom[TH]
CPU N270 @1.60 Ghz
and my mistake its 0.99GB of ram
i hope this helps and thank you for answering
(04-03-2011, 04:06 AM)maximum7412 Wrote: well if thats so then heres more detail
Microsoft windows XP
home edition
version 2002
service pack 3
Acer
inter[R]Atom[TH]
CPU N270 @1.60 Ghz
and my mistake its 0.99GB of ram
i hope this helps and thank you for answering

oh almost forgot for about plugs
GS gsdx 3693 0.1.16
PAD lilypad svn 3878
SPU2 spu2-x r3702m 1.4.0
CDVD linuz iso cdvd 0.9.0.
USB usbnull driver 0.7.0
FW fwnull driver 0.6.0
DEV9 dev9null driver 0.5.0
I fear that machine will not run most emulated PS2 games, does not matter the amount of speed hacks, it's a hardware limitation. It's supposed the graphic engine is weak too for that kind of application.

Emulating PS2 games is hard on the machine, many games requires at least dual core CPUs running above 3GHz clock, with an above average mainstream graphic card and even so with speed hacks set up. And even the raw clock may not reflect the actual demand, it depends on the CPU architecture too.

Rules which applies for PC native games might not apply to emulated console games. Among other things, such games are almost unplayable bellow the FPS they are designed to.
Imagination is where we are truly real
(04-03-2011, 05:04 AM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: I fear that machine will not run most emulated PS2 games, does not matter the amount of speed hacks, it's a hardware limitation. It's supposed the graphic engine is weak too for that kind of application.

Emulating PS2 games is hard on the machine, many games requires at least dual core CPUs running above 3GHz clock, with an above average mainstream graphic card and even so with speed hacks set up. And even the raw clock may not reflect the actual demand, it depends on the CPU architecture too.

Rules which applies for PC native games might not apply to emulated console games. Among other things, such games are almost unplayable bellow the FPS they are designed to.

oh well thanks for leting me know its easier knowing whats wrong with it so if i ever get a new computer with better graphic card and so on i might be able to get it to work then
well wild arms 3 is almost a megathrust demading CPU emulation not recommend for laptops and netbook best run it on the desktop
and additional that game needs a demanding 3~4.5Ghz CPU speed and GTX equivalent Nvidia card or an Ati HD5xxx,HD6xxx
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled buildĀ 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel