hey, I'm new!
hey everyone, i'm kinda new to this. i use epsxe frequently and was quite happy to find out that theres a ps2 emu. i was wondering how developed it is and if one can already play a ps2 game with the smoothness one plays epsxe with.
also, are there any configuration tutorials i should use?

thanks in advance everyone

Sponsored links

Check the forums, there are quite a few configuration tutorials available. Most games play with few to no glitches. There are still quite a few games that have issues or don't play at all... and as to whether the game plays smoothly or not... well that really depends on your system. If you don't have at least a dual core processor at 3+ghz most 3d games will have slowdowns more often than not (the degree depending on how much slower). Most 2D game scan be managed with a dual core a little over 2ghz or so.
(07-27-2009, 08:50 PM)Koji Wrote: Check the forums, there are quite a few configuration tutorials available. Most games play with few to no glitches. There are still quite a few games that have issues or don't play at all... and as to whether the game plays smoothly or not... well that really depends on your system. If you don't have at least a dual core processor at 3+ghz most 3d games will have slowdowns more often than not (the degree depending on how much slower). Most 2D game scan be managed with a dual core a little over 2ghz or so.

i think my computer is well above the recommended requirements. but for example, for epsxe there's great graphics plugins and the games look even better than when they're played in the playstation. does the same happen with pcsx2 or are the graphics more often blurred and chunky than not?
Graphics are downright sexy if your hardware is as good as you claim.
hmm cool... so, what would you say is the best configuration tutorial out there? for achieving the best results possibly in terms of graphic quality
In fact, the basic guide for noobs is the best one.

Then, just rise the internal res under gsdx options to get better results.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
and where can i find it?
http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-2298.html
thanks dude
also, i'm gonna post my specs up so that u guys tell me if u think i can run pcsx2 with max settings on.

Windows XP, intel quad Cpu Q6600 @ 2.40 Ghz (maybe overclocking wouldn't be a bad idea), 3,25 Ram, ATI Radeon HD 4800 series
You'll be alright. The clockspeed is a tad low on your CPU (pcsx2 does not use all four cores so clockspeed matters most) however, you still should be okay running most anything with 2x cycle rate.