hi all.. hoping for some help with FFX, my setup nd speed
Information 
first off, well done to the team for getting SO MANY games working on this project. Its scary.. but i know nothing of programming!

Setup:-
Core2 [email protected] STOCK, 1.5gig DDR26400 STOCK, Nv7500LE, plain comcrap mobo (based on an Asus P5PLE or something..), Aud2plX and for now.. Vista x64 ultimate.

I don't think there has been a thread posted on FFX for the new playground release nd i'm hoping to squeeze as much out of my setup as poss.. at the minute i'm getting 30-50fps during the first movie scene which if i remember right, along with Mushroom Rock Road drains the system pretty well so is a good test bed (?)

Think i have setup the plugins correctly, GSDX SSE3 0.1.13 D3D9 with native windowed res, pixel shader v3 and only nloop hack greyed. SSSXpad is coming up with error 193 and am having to use lilypad. Sound disabled in SPU2Ghz. Using PEOPSCDR plugin, would it be better to use an ISO plugin? CPU is obv as i read the FAQ. No patches are needed these days Smile unless i feel like a cheat and ALL Speedhacks and Gamefixes OFF. Advanced is the default too.

Updated DX, updated nvidia drivers to 178.24, think i've setup the gpedit.mmc properly.. yet it would b perfect if some1 could post the xact config for group policy on vista x64 to get the VM build working.. turned off non essential services ETC lol all nv cp settings minimal.

So now for the deathblow, are there any SPEEDHACKS or GAMEFIXES, maybe ADVANCED options that would help FFX/PCSX2 work quicker? Some1 must have tested them all..

Apart from that, how much quicker would Windows XP x86 or x64 be? And which area of my PC would be the most benefit to upgrade first? I'm stuck between an Nforce7 mobo, a nice Intel Core 2 Quad Q8200 LGA775 'Yorkfield' 2.33GHz 4MB-cache (1333FSB) Processor (since it supports SSE4) or a shiny new Asus GeForce 9800 GT HybridPower 1024MB GDDR3 HDTV/DVI (nice 1024mb RAM for my 1080p HDTV).. as well as another 2gig of ram of course.

Sorry for the EXTRA long post yet whoever helps will be on my next christmas card list. lol. Thanx.

Sponsored links

(01-15-2009, 02:02 AM)L1Qu1D Wrote: first off, well done to the team for getting SO MANY games working on this project. Its scary.. but i know nothing of programming!

Setup:-
Core2 [email protected] STOCK, 1.5gig DDR26400 STOCK, Nv7500LE, plain comcrap mobo (based on an Asus P5PLE or something..), Aud2plX and for now.. Vista x64 ultimate.

I don't think there has been a thread posted on FFX for the new playground release nd i'm hoping to squeeze as much out of my setup as poss.. at the minute i'm getting 30-50fps during the first movie scene which if i remember right, along with Mushroom Rock Road drains the system pretty well so is a good test bed (?)

Think i have setup the plugins correctly, GSDX SSE3 0.1.13 D3D9 with native windowed res, pixel shader v3 and only nloop hack greyed. SSSXpad is coming up with error 193 and am having to use lilypad. Sound disabled in SPU2Ghz. Using PEOPSCDR plugin, would it be better to use an ISO plugin? CPU is obv as i read the FAQ. No patches are needed these days Smile unless i feel like a cheat and ALL Speedhacks and Gamefixes OFF. Advanced is the default too.

Updated DX, updated nvidia drivers to 178.24, think i've setup the gpedit.mmc properly.. yet it would b perfect if some1 could post the xact config for group policy on vista x64 to get the VM build working.. turned off non essential services ETC lol all nv cp settings minimal.

So now for the deathblow, are there any SPEEDHACKS or GAMEFIXES, maybe ADVANCED options that would help FFX/PCSX2 work quicker? Some1 must have tested them all..

Apart from that, how much quicker would Windows XP x86 or x64 be? And which area of my PC would be the most benefit to upgrade first? I'm stuck between an Nforce7 mobo, a nice Intel Core 2 Quad Q8200 LGA775 'Yorkfield' 2.33GHz 4MB-cache (1333FSB) Processor (since it supports SSE4) or a shiny new Asus GeForce 9800 GT HybridPower 1024MB GDDR3 HDTV/DVI (nice 1024mb RAM for my 1080p HDTV).. as well as another 2gig of ram of course.

Sorry for the EXTRA long post yet whoever helps will be on my next christmas card list. lol. Thanx.

I don't know too much about what would be best to increase PS2 emulation, but I do know that x64 will not increase your speed because the builds are now 32 bit only. Which means that your 64 bit will be running the 32 bit app.

Also, a quad core won't do much to boost speed either since the emulator only uses 2 cores.
GSDX has a newer plugin now.
And FFX works at good speeds in areas that are not filled with npcs xD. I tried it half a year ago on the official pcsx2 release. 0.9.4 or w/e.
(01-15-2009, 02:16 AM)timehawk Wrote: I don't know too much about what would be best to increase PS2 emulation, but I do know that x64 will not increase your speed because the builds are now 32 bit only. Which means that your 64 bit will be running the 32 bit app.

Also, a quad core won't do much to boost speed either since the emulator only uses 2 cores.
GSDX has a newer plugin now.
And FFX works at good speeds in areas that are not filled with npcs xD. I tried it half a year ago on the official pcsx2 release. 0.9.4 or w/e.

I read the same topic bout 64bit being dropped and i'm not limited to x64 Vista by any means yet i'm just not sure if vista x86, x64 or XP x86, x64 will give the best performance on my for now very very poor pc lol..

thanx for the GSDX info xD and what ur saying is that even if i upgrade a component of my pc.. the npcs in FFX will still kill my performance Blink Blink lmao i thought one upgrade would have it running @ 50-60fps almost everywhere Blush humm.. without sounding too sarcastic, u've given me loads to think about Ninja
Music 
the thing is, i'm not sure which one whether being my processor or my GPU is holding me back more, i'm not sure how important SSE4 is compared with say.. a workhorse of a gpu like the one i mentioned. I can get either for around £130 so I have a choice. Or maybe an overclockable mobo would b the way forward, keeping both CPU and GPU for now.. daaamn.. soooo much choice Biggrin
your CPU is slow and i doubt it will run well
Death Notebook - (Killer Notebooks)
X9000 OC Dual 3.0 : GeForce 8800M GTX : 4 GB OCZ Ram
(01-15-2009, 03:42 AM)Mur Wrote: your CPU is slow and i doubt it will run well

Closedeyes very good point.. the rest of my pc is as well. Closedeyes
What would be best is to have a complete upgrade of your computer. To be forced to make a decision is just difficult since I'm sure both will actually help considering the current specs of your comp.

I think the only people who can help you with this are the people who program and know how powerful your current system is xD.
(01-15-2009, 02:50 AM)L1Qu1D Wrote: the thing is, i'm not sure which one whether being my processor or my GPU is holding me back more, i'm not sure how important SSE4 is compared with say.. a workhorse of a gpu like the one i mentioned. I can get either for around £130 so I have a choice. Or maybe an overclockable mobo would b the way forward, keeping both CPU and GPU for now.. daaamn.. soooo much choice Biggrin

If GSdx reports in its' bar 99% cpu usage,it's your graphics card that is limiting you.If it is below 99% then it is your processor
[Image: newsig.jpg]
The core2quad (or even better, a E8400 dualcore) would really speed ffx up.
If those CPU's are supported and the board allows for some basic overclocking, then get the cpu!
hi,
if i were you i would not even start playing FFX on anything equal or above 0.94.
i tested it with all these versions and they ALL crashed no matter what config/plugins/settings i chose
at a specific point in-game ( after beating the sin create GHI, the first boss fight around the 10h mark).
your best choice would be to use 0.92 or an even older version which MIGHT run FFX without crashing
unashamedly at that point.
i posted this very point of contention a few days ago and did not receive a single answer as of yet,
indicating there's seems to be no workaround.
in short: FFX seems to have been corrupted in these latter versions, if it was ever completely playable from
start to finish.
i just want to spare you the frustration i had after it dawned on me i wasted 10hs of my life on this POS*(Piece Of Superbness).
Sure, PCSX2 got somewhat nicer graphics but right now i'd still stick to the real deal.
if you don't own a PS2 as of yet they are really cheap now,even you've get a brand new one <100$.
And trust me, having it playing all at full speed no glitches and just everything working as it should
be seems like kind of a salvation.
Lucky me got some old SS so i'm just returning to my good ole trusty ps2, which still works like a charme.
And , on a side note, i don't have to waste a second to configure ANYTHING. Just turn it on and PLAY.

And FFX is supposed to be THE most playable game on PCSX2. Go figure...

CPU: AMD X2 6000+@3150
MEM: CORSAIR 2GB DDR2 PC6400
GFX: PNY GF 9800/GT