hi there guys, i have a question about game speed
hi guys i'm new here. i have downloaded the PCSX2 0.9.7 beta Full installer from here and installed PCSX2 then use it to play dynasty warriors 5 empire. a noticeable slowdown has present during the battle. could anyone please tell me how to solve this problem? or should i change some setting of PCSX2 to make this better? here are my cpu details: win 7 32bit system, core 2 duo cpu at 3.00ghz,4g ram, geforce 9800 graphic card. when i am using the old PCSX2 emulator to play this game before when i am still using xp system, the slowdown would never present. dont know why this happen, so help please guys and thanks.

Sponsored links

When you experience slowdown, what do you see at the top of the emulator? Is EE or GS close to 100%?
Want to contribute? Don't know how? Check out the PCSX2 Wiki page!

Keep safe with MyWOT.

I have everything...
(05-21-2011, 08:58 AM)MyDreamName Wrote: When you experience slowdown, what do you see at the top of the emulator? Is EE or GS close to 100%?

hi, its EE close to 100%
On the PCSX2 console, go to the "config" tab and select emulation settings. Go to speedhacks, and use the slider on the bottom to slowly apply speedhacks until you can run at full speed. Start with setting 2.

Please be be aware though that speedhacks can cause emulation errors, although most listed there are fairly compatible.

Keep safe with MyWOT.

I have everything...
(05-21-2011, 09:30 AM)MyDreamName Wrote: On the PCSX2 console, go to the "config" tab and select emulation settings. Go to speedhacks, and use the slider on the bottom to slowly apply speedhacks until you can run at full speed. Start with setting 2.

Please be be aware though that speedhacks can cause emulation errors, although most listed there are fairly compatible.

hi, do you mean the EE cyclerate slider? i set it to 3 now, but the game still slowdown during the battle, although its been improved
No, it's at the bottom, and it is marked preset.

Keep safe with MyWOT.

I have everything...
(05-21-2011, 09:55 AM)MyDreamName Wrote: No, it's at the bottom, and it is marked preset.

hmmm... as long as i can see, there is no slider at the buttom, the 2 sliders on the speedhack screen is 1 on the left top corner and the other on the right top corner, and i am using the 0.97 beta version that i downloaded from here. i am trying to find a way to upload the picture of the configuration i have just captured, but dunno how to...

There is no slider in 0.9.7. This is only included in versions of 0.9.8 and higher. I would recommend you download and try using that.

(.7zip download)

Keep safe with MyWOT.

I have everything...
ok thanks, but can 0.98 play dynasty warriors 4 empires? cuz not all the version of PCSX2 can run this game
I have no experience with that game, but it has been listed as playable since version 0.9.6 on the compatibility list, so it should be fine.

http://pcsx2.net/compat.php?c=key

Keep safe with MyWOT.

I have everything...