how to get 60 fps
(02-15-2016, 03:34 AM)xArpus Wrote: So what would you suggest instead?

Getting different hardware or using a PS2. Both are better than breaking games.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]

Sponsored links

(02-15-2016, 03:38 AM)Nobbs66 Wrote: Getting different hardware or using a PS2. Both are better than breaking games.

I would suggest that too, but guest101 also said that doesn't have money atm. I don't know what do you mean with breaking games , because worst thing that can happen to game is that it will be glitchy or wouldn't run at all.  It's not like computer will suddenly fry game dvd while running. Costs nothing to try anyway.
It wastes time and does nothing to help. Hell, I just tested 5 games with those settings. All of them broke within 30 seconds of being in game.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
How typical of these forums. Someone comes looking for advice on how to boost performance and rather than even try to provide any kind of support whatsoever you have members of the PCSX2 team telling people to just simply buy a new computer or overclock your hardware which seems to be the most common answers on these forums. That's not how you provide support.

If these are in fact the same people responsible for PCSX2 then it's no wonder you see a lot of these type of threads.
(02-15-2016, 05:54 AM)[]HP[]Hawkeye Wrote: How typical of these forums. Someone comes looking for advice on how to boost performance and rather than even try to provide any kind of support whatsoever you have members of the PCSX2 team telling people to just simply buy a new computer or overclock your hardware which seems to be the most common answers on these forums. That's not how you provide support.

If these are in fact the same people responsible for PCSX2 then it's no wonder you see a lot of these type of threads.

He's trying to run a demanding application on a laptop meant for browsing the internet and doing other non-intensive tasks. There's no magic fix button that increases FPS unfortunately.
I know. But my point is regardless of someones situation you should always do your best to ensure they have the best performance for what they've got.
(02-15-2016, 06:19 AM)[]HP[]Hawkeye Wrote: I know. But my point is regardless of someones situation you should always do your best to ensure they have the best performance for what they've got.

we cant fix underpower systems, it better to play the game  on ps2 then play it on pcsx2 with the kind settings that would break the games horrible.... unless of coarse said people dont own ps2 or the games for that mater.

Beside some the setting you been recommending to people are just as bad, just as not as game breaking as setting the other guy recommended.
Now what is it about my recommended settings you don't like? I'm guessing you don't like people reducing the EE by 33%. Even though it's very safe and typically produces good results. In this case I suggested reducing the EE by 50% due to the low specs of this particular CPU. Like I said it all comes down to helping people get the most out of what they've got and that's called proper support.

I shouldn't even have to come on this forum and defend that.
we cant fix underpower systems. nor is it our fualt and not all games like that, 33% it might have "high" compatibility rate that dont mean it gona have desirable effect for what that person has.

underpower system is a underpower system, it better to play games on ps2 then on pcsx2 with setting that do more harm then good even at 50% it doubt full to help much less they trying to play game that has very low demands.
I'd say it's rather unlikely that the original poster's processor would fare well with DBZ: Budokai Tenkaichi 3 , my old core2duo which is a tad bit faster still had some speed problems at few specific scenes. he could probably try some other lower demanding games which would fare better on the processor.

Quote:But my point is regardless of someones situation you should always do your best to ensure they have the best performance for what they've got.

I agree. long ago when I was around 15, I usually tried my best to provide best performance for the users : http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Metal-Gea...#pid458966

as you see at the thread, that didn't really go well Tongue  I never really bothered much with providing support for best speed after such instances. but your current case is different, people haven't said you to stop helping the user but rather mentioned their own opinion instead. you are free to make your suggestions to help the user. Good luck Smile