how to improve FPS?
(09-19-2009, 01:30 AM)Saiki Wrote:
(09-18-2009, 07:49 PM)Elwin Wrote:
(09-18-2009, 03:51 PM)Saiki Wrote: there's your biggest mistake, I only ever use EE1.5 and IOP x2 (sometimes stage 1 VU skip) these are when I find best personally. you should do some research on what is best for your pc.

tweak the settings little by little till you find it's what you want it to be.

not really, it depends on game, for me cycle strealing and cycle rate are the only hacks chanigng anything ~~ others dont drop speed and dont improve ~~

that's YOUR PC. you found your tweaks, that's my personal ones.

To be honest i dont see how you even have IOPx2 as your "stable" speedhack, but oh well to each their own.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64

Sponsored links

In my (limited) testing IOPx2 has very little if any advantage as a speed hack... In most games I tried, the idle loop fast forward was the most stable and had the least negative effect (didn't find a single game that had a problem with it).

I got the most speed advantage from VU cycle steal, but as we all know that can (and will) cause really bad slowdowns. 2x cycle rate and 1.5x cycle rate both had really good effect, and only rarely caused me any problems.

Some day I'll go back and finish my tests using FRAPs... I don't think I have any plans this weekend, I'll try and set an hour or two aside for that.
[Image: 2748844.png]
Under speedhacks use
1st column set 1.5x cycle rate
2nd column disable idle loop fast forward
3rd column set VU cycling to "slight" and disable min/max hack

Try that, I get around 55-60 fps with that config <3
[Image: 1283060.png]
I've found, on the games I own, that I can get away with 1.5x Cycle Rate, INTC Sync Hack and Idle Loop Fast-Forward both ticked, Status Flag Hack ticked, and no VU Cycle Stealing, and these work on all the games I own/tested.
Idle Loop doesn't seem to do much, so not really bothered with on or off, but I've found NOT to use Enable IOP x2 Cycle Rate, especially with VU Cycle Stealing as I've found many games to run in slow motion. I'm also finding that, using the latest betas, that x2 Cycle Rate doesn't give the speeds that is used to give in old versions like 0.9.6.
Shadow of the Colossus, on the other hand, can get some big gains from VU Cycle Stealing.

You just have to be careful not to go overboard, as you'll find lots of strange problems from slow motion, control problems, and geometry problems.
Intel E7500 @ 4.00ghz 400 fsb / Asus P5QL Pro / 4Gb Kingston RAM / PNY nvidia 9800GT 512Mb / Creative X-Fi Music 24 / Vista 64 SP2/
(09-19-2009, 01:30 AM)Saiki Wrote:
(09-18-2009, 07:49 PM)Elwin Wrote:
(09-18-2009, 03:51 PM)Saiki Wrote: there's your biggest mistake, I only ever use EE1.5 and IOP x2 (sometimes stage 1 VU skip) these are when I find best personally. you should do some research on what is best for your pc.

tweak the settings little by little till you find it's what you want it to be.

not really, it depends on game, for me cycle strealing and cycle rate are the only hacks chanigng anything ~~ others dont drop speed and dont improve ~~

that's YOUR PC. you found your tweaks, that's my personal ones.

You are right, there is no way to make optimal settings for everyone, every pc is different and to get best possible performance emu must be configured individually
Intel Dual Core E5200 @ 3,5ghz /gigabyte GF9500GT/2 GB RAM / ASRock P45XE/ Corsair CMPSU-400CXEU
VU cycle stealing nv4 or nv5 causes slowdown? where i can find that?
(09-19-2009, 03:43 PM)david212121 Wrote: VU cycle stealing nv4 or nv5 causes slowdown? where i can find that?

Config - > Speed hacks -> VU cycle stealing (the slider bar at the right side)
thx i manage to get a good fps now 45-54fps, but still the text is not showing up? whats the problem with it?