how well will it run on my laptop
Hi,

I read the FAQ, I am above the minimum but below the recommended range. Here is the specs of the laptop:

Core 2 2.0Ghz
3GB ram
ATI x1400 128MB graphics card

I know that the graphics card is the weak point for me. Most emulators are CPU bound, I just hope this is the case with pcsx2 too. Thanks for your help, I am grateful!

Sponsored links

It'll run, but slow. Perhaps even very slow.
(04-26-2009, 05:49 AM)Cain Wrote: It'll run, but slow. Perhaps even very slow.

That will run very slowly, your CPU is quite weak in general and the fact its a laptop model cpu/video card doesn't help much. The graphics card is also weak, so your kinda looking bad as far as running it smoothly...i'd say even the easiest emulated games might run slightly slower for you than normal.
Your cpu is weak due lower clock cpu and your gpu is obsolete but still good to compare with onboard intel. Maybe you can play 2d games at. Decent speed but no for 3d games.
Notebook ASUS A43TA|CPU AMD Llano APU A6-3400m Triple core (1 core disable) OC to 2.6+Ghz|GPU CF|HD 6520 400Mhz/667Mhz iGPU|HD6650M OC 780Mhz/985Mhz dGPU|RAM 8GB DDR3 1333|Windows 7 Ultimate Sp.1 x64 bit.
>> Emulation speed differs for each game. There will be some you can run fast easily, but others will simply require more powerfull hardware <<.
You wont get speed with this.

[Image: devilmaycry4wallpaper09.png]
Maybe I should post the same answer as everyone did? like 3 times?

No:

A notebook isn't really designed to play with pcsx2. Get a desktop PC with nice stats and cpu speed, then your speed will be fun. Wink
| i7 860 2.8@4ghz | Scythe Mugen 2 Rev.B | Asus Maximus Formula III | G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Gigabyte | 570 GTX AMP! | Enermax 720w PSU | X-Fi Titan | OCZ Vertex 120 GB |