how will FFXII Run on my rig? (yes i know another FF thread)
Hey guys,
I remember the days when I had 0.7 build (i think from 2004?) I still have it on my HDD, I followed this project for a very long time, and wow the dev team came a very long way, and achieved unbelievable results Laugh.

Anyways, I have the FFX-12 DVD and I already made an ISO of it, and everything seems to work fine when I was testing it out, including the FMV, however there were a few glitches here and there that I want to try to get rid of before I replay FFX-12 on the emulator.

So that being said Here's my PC specs:

CPU: Q6600 @ 3 GHz (I can make it 3.5)
RAM: 2GB @1066Mhz (going to 6GB in a few days)
GPU: Ati Radeon 4890 core950/mem1110

Some of the little glitches I noticed is when for example I was about to start the rouge tomato hunt, the board was all glitchy. Another thing is from time to time, the game will just freeze and be messy, and then run back to full speed (60 fps). last but not least the menus sometimes, but not always slow down, and was wondering if this will affect quickening.

My current PCSX2 Configuration
beta 1888
-GSdx 1873 0.1.15 (1920X1200, D3D HW, no Interlacing, 16:9, 1280X720 internal rez, Texture filtering, Logz, Alpha correction, windowed)
-SPU2-X 1.2.0 ( Interplation Linear, Modul: DirectSound)

CPU Config:
Frame Skip, EERec, VU0rec, VU1rec, MTGS
SH:
1.5X cycle, INTC Sync hack, IOP x2 cycle rate, Idle loop, VU Cycle stealing set to slight speedup.

Other hardware
PS3 controller

So that's what I have, and hopefully turning on or off something will get rid of the unwanted glitches.

thx in advance guys

Sponsored links

(01-15-2010, 02:35 PM)Arabguy Wrote: Some of the little glitches I noticed is when for example I was about to start the rouge tomato hunt, the board was all glitchy.
Glitchy how?

You don't seem to be using D3D10 renderer so that could be a reason for your glitches.

Quote:Another thing is from time to time, the game will just freeze and be messy, and then run back to full speed (60 fps).
I never get that but your settings seem ok, maybe try without the speedhacks and see if any of them is causing that and change the spu2-x output module to XAudio2 if available to you.

Quote:last but not least the menus sometimes, but not always slow down, and was wondering if this will affect quickening.
Try turning off "allow 8-bit textures" if it's enabled, you shouldn't really get slowdowns on menus but try lowering the internal res maybe.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
@ Shadow lady

thx for the quick reply.

I did forget to mention that I have windows xp sp3 so I think I cant get D3d10 to work (unless I'm mistaken about the 10 being DX10)
I do have windows 7 but I am still migrating from xp to 7 and it's taking time.
Ill try to take a screenshot of the glitch.
Edit: I seem to have fixed the menu issue by just turning all the speed hacks.
Edit 2: I tried to set custom settings so I can run the game at 62 fps, but I noticed that my cpu went from ~20% workload when I had it to limit fps to ~50 workload.. I set the affinity for pcsx to 3rd and 4th core.
but all in all, the game runs perfect now. even the glitches are basically gone.

I gotta ask something. the ingame timer...how is that working and what is it gettignt he time off of?