i am a total Newbie.......

Hello, I am a total newbie at emulators and I am looking for someone who would be willing to walk me through the setup and config of PCSX2. (I'm not kidding hen i say I'm a total newbie....I haven't the slightest clue on how to check my CPU let alone what it is.) A friend pointed me in this direction when i expressed interest in playing Kingdom Hearts. I have basic knowledge on computers. If you can be patient enough to walk me through I am a quick learner. Hopefully someone can help me? Thanks in advance.

I have the download done and the default settings for all the plugins. When i first downloaded the emulator, my fps was dropping down to 10 and the audio was lagging horrendously. I browsed some forums and the recommendation was to re install which i did and now my problem is the other end of the spectrum. Its too fast going as high as 230 fps. The video quality is wonderful its the speed of the video and audio thats giving me problems. If there's anything you need me to upload to help you help me please ask and i will provide. If i don't know what it is or where it is ill ask and then provide.

Please message me as well if you would like

Verlaine

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sponsored links

Your high fps is caused by frame limiter being off. Try pressing f4 (I think) to enable the framelimiter

Here is a guide to configure pcsx2 hope it helps.

http://pcsx2.net/config-guide/official-e...guide.html
System Specs
CPU:AMD FX 8350 3.5ghz turbo to 4ghz
GPU: Sapphire HD 7750 GDDR5
MOBO:Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 Rev 5.0
RAM: 8GB
Thank you very much for your reply. I was able to find a friend to hep me and it turns out my laptop is siply not powerful enough. He lost me in the explanation but thats the gist of it. lol
If you can get 230 fps it doesn't sound like you have a system that is too weak.