i can't cheat using pnach
guys, i literally tried every thing.i am going to lose my mind on this one. pls. help. thanks in advance.

ok, here is what im doing;
1.i copy the game's crc then use it as a name for the text doc, and then save it in the cheats folder in the pcsx2 folder as DA0535FD.pnach (the game is kingdom hearts 2)

2.then i search for a code in google like patch=1,EE,00356F4C,extended,00000000 (60 fps )

then i paste it in my pnach text like this:
gametitle:kh2
comment:nothiing
// 60 fps
patch=1,EE,00356F4C,extended,00000000

pcsx2 folder is located in a folder in desktop, enable cheat is ticked, pnach located in cheat folder, and everything i know is done. pls. tell me what's wrong? tnx in advance, you're very kind.

Sponsored links

Although already dishearted by the emulator located into the Desktop folder... whatever.

Please tell us what is in the console log, does it tell the cheat is found?

If not, the possible reasons being the paths being incorrect or if Windows is hiding file extension you might have a file called DA0535FD.pnach.txt where the .txt part is invisible.

Other than this, make sure the code is for the correct version. I'm not sure about what it does, apparently it is like forcing a PAL game to work with NTSC standard.

The next step should be uploading the emuLog.txt found under the "logs" folder so we can look at what is really going on.

Edit: To be sure that Windows is not hiding file extension, PCSX2 executable should be seen as PCSX2.exe, if it reads only PCSX2 you know it is.
Imagination is where we are truly real
Or if you use also added to the name the "0x" along with the crc

Btw just as info(if you actually think that this code will make the game run faster if you can't get full speed)

This code make the game run more smoother but to be able to use this code,your pc must be able to reach 120fps without speed hacks
thanks for the reply guys. In the log, it says that no cheats were found. and the code is for ntsc just and it matches the game. there is a pcsx2 folder in the documents that has no exe, and that is where the log folder where the emulog is located.    
oh, and ken, just like you said, it does not have exe. its just this: pcsx2-r5350 rather than pcsx2-r5350.exe. what should i do?

and vsub, i took out the 0x out of the crc.

Thanks in advance.
(01-03-2014, 05:58 AM)Eioncatu Wrote: oh, and ken, just like you said, it does not have exe. its just this: pcsx2-r5350 rather than pcsx2-r5350.exe. what should i do?

and vsub, i took out the 0x out of the crc.

Thanks in advance.

If you are in Windows 7, open an explorer window (not the internet explorer) and look for "Organization" navigate through it till finding the tab "View", among the many options there is something about "File extension". Make sure it is not set to hide them.

This will show what a file really is... .txt .exe .dll ... whatever. This is something Windows should never have hid to start with (maybe is shame for have created the monster to start with).
thanks, but i tried it. nothing happens. thanks anyway. any more tips?
Under PCSX2 GUI "Config" menu is found Plugin/BIOS selector. At each it's three tabs there is a place to define the path to each component, make sure they point to correct position. Is advisable moving the whole PCSX2 folder under Documents to the actual PCSX2 folder to merge them.

If you managed to follow the instruction of creating an empty text file and rename it to Portable.ini (supposing you granted windows is not hiding the .txt extension which would make it be named effectively as Portable.ini.txt what is so wrong as a cheat file xyzCRC.pnach.txt) PCSX2 will look into subfolders inside it's own folder structure.

So, is not about giving more hints, if the pnach files are under a cheats folder under PCSX2 folder it should be found, if it's not... then you failed to follow something stated above.

Still there is one final possibility which is the cheat file itself having non ASCII characters, like national characters and/or accentuated characters. This causes an slightly different message, the cheat file is found but no code is acknowledge resulting in number of cheats = 0 being logged.

The solution for this case is either removing all non ASCII characters (and I mean all, in comments or elsewhere), or opening the file in a reliable text editor like Notepad++ and changing the encode to unicode instead ANSI, saving the file once again with the new encode.
Thanks! Appreciate your help ken keleh. I followed your replies. The one that is wrong is that i should convert the crc.pnach into a file.
(01-04-2014, 05:15 PM)Eioncatu Wrote: Thanks! Appreciate your help ken keleh. I followed your replies. The one that is wrong is that i should convert the crc.pnach into a file.

What? .pnach is a type of file. Essentially a onach file is a txt file but the emulator can only read pnach files.
I5 3570k 3.4ghz| 4GB R9 290| 8GB DDR3