i dont have a PS2 anymore, what do i do for bios?
Question 
so i dont have my ps2 anymore.
and apparently you need one to dump the bios files?
well there is the problem.

what can i do?
im in australia so everyone knows, i duno if that makes a diff to the emulators bios needs, but the more info provided the better.

Sponsored links

(10-26-2009, 02:14 AM)total_n00b Wrote: so i dont have my ps2 anymore.
and apparently you need one to dump the bios files?
well there is the problem.

what can i do?
im in australia so everyone knows, i duno if that makes a diff to the emulators bios needs, but the more info provided the better.

Get another ps2.......
Windows 7 - Asus G73jh-a1 - 17-720qm @ 1.6 GHz (2.8 GHz)(2.4ghz)(1.73ghz) - ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5870 @ 700/1000 (sometimes oc to 800/1100) - 8 gig ram
Sorry but having a working PS2 where to get the BIOS from is the only legal way to use PCSX2.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
(10-26-2009, 02:24 AM)Shadow Lady Wrote: Sorry but having a working PS2 where to get the BIOS from is the only legal way to use PCSX2.

well having emulators isnt exactly legal either.
what way can i get the bios? i dont mind that its not really legal
(10-27-2009, 01:44 AM)total_n00b Wrote:
(10-26-2009, 02:24 AM)Shadow Lady Wrote: Sorry but having a working PS2 where to get the BIOS from is the only legal way to use PCSX2.

well having emulators isnt exactly legal either.
what way can i get the bios? i dont mind that its not really legal

if you have emulator of the consoles you actually own thats legal,but if you dont have the console im sorry there is no other legal way to get it,and for the ilegal way if the rules doesnt changed atm giving links or other ways to obtain bios is errr.. ilegal,i warn you if you keep talking about piracy you will get your warning thats for sure Closedeyes
[Image: 2ymccqu.jpg]
[Image: 17715.png]
Emulators are generally legal because they kinda just guess what the actual hardware (in this case the PS2) should be doing and they implement it on a software to run on another system and there's nothing wrong with that, distributing copyrighted material such as the BIOS or using it's code however is not legal and at the moment it's necessary to run the PCSX2 emulator (there were other emulators that did actually use the copyrighted software code from the emulated machine, and those emulators were illegal).

You may not care if it's illegal but we do and we wont give you support about it sorry.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
If you want a bios, you must extract the bios files from your PS2. If you need more information, you can read this guide. It should cover everything you need to get the ps2 working on a computer.

Scroll down to the bottom and you should see where it's titled "BIOS(Basic Input Output System)." Kodos to Bositman for a clear and understanding guide.
Windows 7 - Asus G73jh-a1 - 17-720qm @ 1.6 GHz (2.8 GHz)(2.4ghz)(1.73ghz) - ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5870 @ 700/1000 (sometimes oc to 800/1100) - 8 gig ram
Pcsx2 is legal, using it without owning a ps2 is not.

Search the forum for "legal", you'll find other thread exactly like this. So I'm closing this.